Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Cayenne seats notoriously uncomfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:53 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Cayenne seats notoriously uncomfortable?

Yeah, both my wife AND I feel discomfort after about 2 hours of driving. I feel it in my feet and legs and she says her leg/*** gets numb...
We drove to Costa Mesa from Ventura County on Sunday and are now dreading long roadtrips... I notice even in the passenger seat I'm uncomfortable, seems like my legs are deflected slightly to the right by the center tunnel.
Are the sport seats better?
Almost feels like the floor is too HIGH?

And NO I don't have memory seats... so once I lose a good position when wifey drives I'm back to square 1.

Hmmmm... maybe that CLS55 I've been eyeing might make me happy. Maybe a lease...
Old 04-25-2006, 11:20 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by charlieXS
Are the sport seats better?...
Purely subjective/personal; however the sports seats internally/mechanically are not very different from the standard seats.
FWIW, all of my other Porsches had more comfortable seats than my 'former' Cayenne.

Hmmmm... maybe that CLS55 I've been eyeing might make me happy. Maybe a lease...
Quite a different vehicle compared to the Cayenne. What's stopping you?
Old 04-26-2006, 01:59 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by ltc
Purely subjective/personal; however the sports seats internally/mechanically are not very different from the standard seats.
FWIW, all of my other Porsches had more comfortable seats than my 'former' Cayenne.

Quite a different vehicle compared to the Cayenne. What's stopping you?
well... I own my own business and the more money I can put into promotions/equipment/new products the brighter our future will be. I'd just feel guilty to have a $1300 lease p'mt right now. But I VERY WELL may do it next year. That big old sled has 469hp and does 0-60 in less than 5 sec. You like them?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Chriz
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree, the seats are getting very unconfortable when driving a couple of hours. The Recaro seats of my older cars are way more comfortable.

If you ever tried the ventilated massage seats of the MB S Class you know what real comfort is. But i dont know if the massage function is available in the CLS as well..
Old 04-26-2006, 08:49 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I regularly drive 3.5 hour trips sometimes twice in a day and find the seat very comfortable, I guess its very subjective as lewis says. I find the 996 seats VERY uncomfortable in comparison, but that may be the actual seating position.

You need to raise the seats up.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:29 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

... That big old sled has 469hp and does 0-60 in less than 5 sec. You like them?
Not a personal fan of MB products/styling; neither with BMW.....then again, PAG new products are off my list.....what am I going to do with myself now?

However I did go to dinner one night in a Mercedes Maybach (back before it was shown to the public).....that was a fun night.

The 18 way adjustable/heated/ventilated/massage seats in the back of that thing set the standard for seat comfort. The car is impressive.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh oh,
Time to start another post on a brand new mod for all Cayennes.......
http://www.sleep-comfort.com/images/bed_01.jpg
Sacrifices your rear seat bench but dan be upholstered in any matching leather color.
Doesn't matter whether you have air, springs, or 26" wheels, you'll always have a comfortable ride.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Brent 89-GT
Burning Brakes

Must be a personal thing. I have many 15 hour days under my belt behind the wheel of the Cayenne. I find it to be exceedingly comfortable for long drives. I have previously owned an MB S600 with the ventilated power massage chairs and don't recall them being any better (for me) than the standard Cayenne seat.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:07 AM
charlieXS
Pro

my main complaint is that my throttle foot feels bent the wrong way. It feels like my toes are bent towards my knee. I guess I could try raising the seats height and moving the seat BACK, but I'm only 5'11" and don't know why the seat needs to be so far back.
I wonder if the bolster under the knees is a contributor? If the seats too low, I can't see my front fender and I feel like I'm in a bath tub, when it's to high... I feel like Im in a minivan.

Hey PORSCHE... adjustable pedals!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Chriz
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brent 89-GT
I have previously owned an MB S600 with the ventilated power massage chairs and don't recall them being any better (for me) than the standard Cayenne seat.
Must have been a short stay in your garage. The new MB S600 is available since two month over here. But agree its a personal thing. If i would weigh 100 lbs more i sure would find any 911 seat uncomfortable.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:23 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent 89-GT
Must be a personal thing. I have many 15 hour days under my belt behind the wheel of the Cayenne. I find it to be exceedingly comfortable for long drives.
+1

I do a lot of interstate driving and experience no discomfort. Can't comment on MB. Never owned one, never will. BMW, however, is a different, passionate story :-D
Old 04-26-2006, 12:24 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 92 Posts

The Cayenne seats are only uncomfortable for those who resist conforming to the vehicle. It is a hind quarter's mindset.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:47 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wingless
The Cayenne seats are only uncomfortable for those who resist conforming to the vehicle. It is a hind quarter's mindset.
Agree. I have the sport leather seats and have driven solo for as many as 5 hours non-stop with the lumbar fully inflated and had no lower back issues or have been uncomfortable at all. Love the seats... In fact, there is much to love about the vehicle.. I love my S... I hate my S... I love my S... I hate my S....... Kool-aid.. Kool-aid.. gotta have a drink.. ahhhh, much better.. I love my seats in my S.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:48 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by wingless
So in other words, the Cayenne is a pain in the ***.......
Old 04-26-2006, 01:49 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
So in other words, the Cayenne is a pain in the ***.......
No... No... it is a pain in HIS ***.

Quick Reply: Are Cayenne seats notoriously uncomfortable?