Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:46 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Tow-ee loves the Cayenne Tow-er

Strictly a "feel good" post.

So, I'm at a year-end varsity team party after about a 4 inch TStorm rolls through. Last couple of parents are hanging and helping to clean up at a home on a gravel road in the country. Walk out with another Dad and he's driving a Honda Accord and parked off the gravel road in some grass with a slight incline away from the road bed. As I start to pull up to where he is, he slips down the incline and gets stuck in the mud. We can't push him out.

So, pull the towing hook from under the back lid next to my subwoofer where a spare should be. "Counter-clockwise" (in the dark it took a minute to figure that out) screw it into my front driver's side spot. Get chain and attach to Honda's front tow point. Put in Neutral and switch to low reduction. Reverse 15-20 yards and Voila' he's up on the gravel road. Man, did it impress the hell out of 2 other guys who had big old pick-um-up trucks. The chain had a small hook and wouldn't fit in the other trucks towpoints. The only screw up was I didn't get a picture... it looked so cool and the Dad was so embarassed that I couldn't say.. hey wait I want to get a picture!

Okay, times like these.. I love the Cayenne... Everyone marvelled at the "Porsh" and the Honda Dad said "man, who'd of thunk it do that, you gotta love that thing". I do I do.. I love it --- hate it --- love it!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Awesome story! I can actually picture that whole thing going down. Very cool
Old 05-11-2006, 04:05 PM
JakeMate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Tow-ee loves the Cayenne Tow-er