Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 07:05 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Pics of new ride

Hi All,
Posting requisite pics of new ride. A few shots at standard ride height and one at the "loading level". I've had the CS for 2 months but just now got around to posting some pics. Getting some new shoes for the car helped expedite the photo process.

Details:
CPO
PASM
Heated seats, etc.
Bose system with subwoofer -- Glad it's simple.

Mods so far:
Clear turn signals
Victor Engineering (TSW) LeMans wheels 20 x 10 with Michelin Diamaris 275-40-20.

Thanks to CharlieXS for turning me on to the wheels in his wheel thread a few months ago!
Attached Images     
Old 05-29-2006, 09:07 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet!!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:19 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

excellent look, wish I had PASM.... got the lowered look whenever you want it and glad you grabbed them, I like them!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:01 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by charlieXS
excellent look, wish I had PASM.... got the lowered look whenever you want it and glad you grabbed them, I like them!!!
Thanks! Compared to the old shoes (below), its quite a difference.
These things were so ugly, I didn't want to snap any pics of the car... Yech!
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2006, 12:08 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott, did you do the turn signals yourself or at the dealer? I think I'm starting to like them.

Love the wheels!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:16 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Scott, did you do the turn signals yourself or at the dealer? I think I'm starting to like them.

Love the wheels!
Thanks!

I did the signals myself. It's an easy 1/4 beer job. It was covered pretty well here: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=285

In short, turn the wheels, partially remove the fender liner, bend out of way and remove two screws on the corners.
You DO NOT need the flexible screwdriver. Simple loosen the bottom screw and the assembly becomes movable. You can manipulate the assembly to accomodate a regular screwdriver.

Otherwise, take it to the stealer and pay them rate labor.... Probably about $150 when its done.
I could not justify paying $150 to install $20 worth of parts.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:35 PM
356driver
Racer

Love the wheels!
Hi enigmawmn,

This is just an FYI. The lenses forward of the front wheels are running lights. They illuminate when the headlights are on but don't blink with the turn signals. I think someone on renntech.org published a mod to connect them to the turn signals, but I can't personally vouch for it.

IMO the clear lenses clean up the front fender quite a bit, especially if you have light color or black. The amber plastic stands out in the middle of the body panel. The clear lenses are cleaner. They are Euro delivery and they have an amber light inside (see pic at left). There is probably some ridiculous US DOT regulation against this, but I see a lot of Cayennes with clear lenses on them so this is a popular replacement.

This was one of the first mods I did when I got my silver Cayenne. It is quite possible do it yourself. If you decide to DIY you will need some torx tools. The procedure is discussed both in this forum and at renntech.org. With your (presumably) smaller hands you will have an advantage because at times you have to reach into some tight spots. Go for it!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:44 PM
charlieXS
Pro

...and the tip about starting the top screw a couple threads before sliding lens in place. And a screwdriver with a long shaft is good because the distance from handle (which won't fit in fender gap) to the screw is a bit long, most nice MAC or Snap On screwdrivers have the longer shaft.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:07 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 356driver
If you decide to DIY you will need some torx tools. The procedure is discussed both in this forum and at renntech.org. With your (presumably) smaller hands you will have an advantage because at times you have to reach into some tight spots. Go for it!

Originally Posted by 356driver
Hi enigmawmn,

This is just an FYI. The lenses forward of the front wheels are running lights. They illuminate when the headlights are on but don't blink with the turn signals. I think someone on renntech.org published a mod to connect them to the turn signals, but I can't personally vouch for it.
If I brought it to the stealer (Scott, that's a great one :-D), would they be able to install it so that lights blink with the turn signal? You were probably already able to tell by me rolling on the floor laughing that I'd rather pay than even THINK about doing it myself lol

Thanks for the detailed info, guys. I appreciate it. Last question, where can I purchase them?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:12 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott C
Looking at the photos & instructions. Doesn't look that bad ... but, no, I'm not trying it lol
Old 05-30-2006, 05:34 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looking at the photos & instructions. Doesn't look that bad ... but, no, I'm not trying it lol

OK, I'll up it to a 1/2 beer job. AND, speaking on behalf of the male forum members, we will want a full write-up with pics of you doing the work!

Your husband should be able to run the camera while you do the hard work right?

Old 05-30-2006, 08:15 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott C
Your husband should be able to run the camera while you do the hard work right?

Without getting too much into details, I think he'll like the sound of that :-D
Old 05-30-2006, 10:23 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Now you definitely have to share!
It's OK, we won't tell anybody. It'll be our little secret
Old 06-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You installed your exhaust by yourself right? This should be a quickie.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

I'm actually going to wait and do something more complex & artistic .... an aerokit, perhaps :-D

Quick Reply: Pics of new ride