Sponsored by:

Lower rear bumper valance repair or replace

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:27 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Lower rear bumper valance repair or replace

I had a very minor run in these evening with a street sign and my rear bumper. The rocket scientists that place street signs put one up in the middle of a dirt parking lot and I didn't see it when I was backing up. It was one of those galvanized c-channel poles with the nickle size holes in it. I backed over the back side of the pole (smoother side) but one of the holes took a dime size chunk out of the rear bumper's lower cover, the textured, body colored one. No other damage since I didn't run it over, just moved it a little It was entirely my fault as I haven' gotten used to all the blind spots on the Cayenne.

I'm wondering if anyone here has either had that part of the front or rear bumper repaired or replaced and about what was the cost?

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:51 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
I'm wondering if anyone here has either had that part of the front or rear bumper repaired or replaced and about what was the cost?

Thanks!
$318 just for the part. Will know next week how much it'll cost to have it painted.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the rear lower valence replaced, $420 installed @ dealer. Since my car is black I had no need for painting it so I am not sure of this cost.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:56 PM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
If you are a DIYer pulling the rear valence off and replacing it is a couple of hours of work and not a big deal. You can probably save a bunch of money instead of paying the dealer or body shop. There are instructions posted on rear bumper R&R here and on renntech.org.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:35 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to know if you had the part number for the turbo rear valence?

I am upgrading my tips on the Cayenne S to the Turbo tips...let me know.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Lower rear bumper valance repair or replace