Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 PM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
OT alert:
356driver,
When did you get the 914?
You and skl are killling me. That is one the cars on my 'list'....which seems to be always growing.
Best of luck with the 914
End OT Alert.
Hi Lewis,

I picked up this 1974 914 1.8 three weeks ago. I saw it at my 356 mechanic's shop and it was too good to pass up. Most 914's have devolved to junk because of rust, neglect or being over-modified. This one was owned since the late 80's by a couple who maintained it in stock condition. My mechanic has known the car for more than 10 years. It has been well cared for, never modified, never in so much as a fender bender, and has no rust.

The picture on left shows what it was like when I got it. I have since polished and waxed it and the paint is holding a very nice shine. The original interior vinyl is in great condition. I'll post a couple more pics now that it is cleaned up.

There are still a few small cosmetic issues to address but I've already started picking away at them. It's a fun car to drive, especially cruising the coast highway with the targa top off on a sunny beach day. Oddly it gets more looks than the 356 - maybe because of the bright green color.

Quick Reply: Contemplating Turbo, what are the must read posts