Sponsored by:

Contemplating Turbo, what are the must read posts

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:04 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contemplating Turbo, what are the must read posts

So I am looking at a CPO'ed 05' Cayenne Turbo. I am aware of the coil issue and the rear switch issue. I have also heard the stories of the 2003/2004 models and read all of LTC's posts. I don't want to waste anyones time, just wondering if there are any MUST read posts on the Turbo that I sould read before I buy.

Thanks

CJ
Old 07-02-2006, 11:02 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Larry here.....
Why would you read all of 'LTC's posts? I would never do that, even for the sake of nostalgia.

The Turbo has very few specific TSBs/personality traits compared to an S (with similar options).

The biggest variable seems to still be oil consumption (anywhere from one quart each time around the block to no oil between oil changes). Tire wear seems to be a bit more aggressive in a Turbo, but 10K seems to be the #'s today.

You can get a list of TSB's on Loren's site, if you are a contributing member......much better than reading all of LTC's posts.

The selling dealer should be able to provide you a list of all the TSB/service actions that have been applied to the Cayenne you're looking at, in addition to a complete list of the parts replaced/serviced as part of the CPO process.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:42 AM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 48 Posts

88,000 miles on our 04 and the only unexpected (T2 knocks on wood here.....hmmmm....noggin) was a water pump. Get one and enjoy it.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:54 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 83 Posts

I have an 04 Turbo with 17K. I have had no issues with it at all. Any TSB's that were needed have been performed to my understanding, although I am not sure what they were exactly except for the back seat buckles (unfortunately) and the rear window hatch mechanism.
By the way it is for sale or lease.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:09 PM
356driver
Racer

Once the TSB's are performed it's a solid vehicle. Mine now has 55K miles. You are smart to go with 05 or newer because of the nav software issue.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:46 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Ditto what's been said. Definite teething issues for the car, but my '05 has been rock solid. If you've read ltc's posts, you've lifted any 'sugar-coating' that may have existed with the car. His car seems to have been production number 666, but I have to imagine that the law of averages definitely sides with you on getting a great machine. (Besides, if you do have issues, Lewis still supports and answers questions for the board thank goodness. )

Turn of the computer, quit reading, go drive one again and let that be your selling point....

...which brings me to my next point. I'm selling mine. It's US Spec but has never left Germany. 21k miles and excellent shape. I'll spare you the details, but rest assured it's thoroughly out-fitted, winter/summer wheels/tires on and on. The one cool thing you may consider is that you could do your own European Delivery. Take a trip out here, pick it up and I'll pay to ship it to wherever for you.

-Matt
Old 07-03-2006, 07:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

OT alert:
356driver,
When did you get the 914?
You and skl are killling me. That is one the cars on my 'list'....which seems to be always growing.
Best of luck with the 914
End OT Alert.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by phantomias33
If you've read ltc's posts, you've lifted any 'sugar-coating' that may have existed with the car..
SUGAR-COATING? Me?
Hmmmn, must have been back when I was on the 'meds'
Old 07-04-2006, 01:26 PM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can look and look and study and study - I did and all of the remarks, advice and well wishes just pumped up my adrenalin that much more. I went for the CTT and I am so grateful to all who guided me in the right direction. This is the only automobile I have every owned that makes me go to the garage, open the door and smile. Or, sometimes when I am sitting at a cafe and look at my CTT sparkling in the sun or lamp light, I swell with pride and that smile happens again. The more I drive the CTT, the better she feels. I think this is the most awesome SUV in production today. And after you've driven the CTT like she was made to be driven, you'll truly understand that slogan - there is NO SUBSTITUTE. So, take a trip to Europe (be sure to have Madfox setup your intenerary) and check out Matt's CTT or go to your dealer and as The Guy says "Get 'er Done".
Old 07-04-2006, 11:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JW3
This is the only automobile I have every owned that makes me go to the garage, open the door and smile. Or, sometimes when I am sitting at a cafe and look at my CTT sparkling in the sun or lamp light, I swell with pride and that smile happens again.
You really need to own some other vehicles
Old 07-04-2006, 11:57 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
You really need to own some other vehicles
Since he can afford a CTT in Germany I would hazard a guess he has. Not everyone harbors you level of ill will towards the Cayenne. In fact, I would suggest that most of the enthusiasts here love their peppers. I know I do despite it's warts.

(I really think you're are a closet Pepper lover, that's why you continue to stick around )
Old 07-05-2006, 12:01 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mjw930
Since he can afford a CTT in Germany I would hazard a guess he has.
Perhaps, but I could think of a lot of other vehicles that would inspire that type of reaction....sorry the Cayenne isn't one of them.

Not everyone harbors you level of ill will towards the Cayenne.
Ill will? Me? Surely you jest

In fact, I would suggest that most of the enthusiasts here love their peppers. I know I do despite it's warts.
I'm sure that's correct and congratulations.

(I really think you're are a closet Pepper lover, that's why you continue to stick around )
Yes, but please don't tell anyone else....it will ruin everything.

BTW, I'm surprised I haven't been added to your "Ignore List"......I really think you're a closet 'ltc' lover, that's why you actually read my posts
Old 07-05-2006, 12:22 AM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Since he can afford a CTT in Germany I would hazard a guess he has.
I hope Johnnie chimes in, but from as much as I know about him...you are correct sir- he's owned quite a few different cars. I think he may have even done some racing in performance BMW's here in Germany. A lot of Harley's and who knows what else. Dare I say Lewis, that if you saw Johnnies CTT in person...even you'd be moved! Nothing aftermarket yet, but it really doesn't need it. Stunning black vehicle with smoked wheels.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:49 AM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Matt and mjw930. I guess I have been around the block a few times over here and in/on some very nice motor vehicles. One or two were even called the most outrageous street legal machines of their time. Most were nice to look at and fun to drive. But, that was then and while all are fond memeories none made me smile like my Cayenne Turbo does (and has from day one). She is beautiful and I thank Matt for the compliments on the looks of my CTT. I could write a small book on the way she radiates in the sun, changes shades of color in the light, changes compexion with the lights on at dusk, takes on a new look from different angles and when you open the doors all of that happens again and again. The combination of Basalt Metallic, leather, aluminum and carbon fiber are amazing. She is a marvelous machine that exudes power, evil looks, graceful lines and a grand heritage (LTC be kind! ).
However, Lewis's words are not without value and one must forever search for the nice experiences. To that end, the wife and I went to the grand unveiling of the new 911TT and after sitting in that machine, we think there may be room for one more in our family. We were both impressed and really taken by the 911TT. A wonderous piece of craftsmanship. We will do a test drive soon. And, while having the 911TT in my garage would make me feel very good, I will still say, no other automobile makes me smile like the Cayenne Turbo - not even the new 911TT.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:24 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
BTW, I'm surprised I haven't been added to your "Ignore List"......I really think you're a closet 'ltc' lover, that's why you actually read my posts
Damn, you're on to me......

Quick Reply: Contemplating Turbo, what are the must read posts