Cayenne in Eze, France and assorted Eurotrip Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 06:15 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Cayenne in Eze, France and assorted Eurotrip Pics

Small, best pics of Amalfi, French Riviera, London, Paris, and some of the points in between on our family vacation. Wish that we had our Cayenne like JW3 to cruise some of these roads. Amalfi drive is just simply stunning.. but so is the Monte Carlo to Cannes drive as well. Only posted a few simply to respond to the requests for a "sampling". Enjoy.. We did! Note Cayenne next to Ferrari in Eze near the Fraganard Perfume Factory.
Attached Images           
Old 07-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 195 Posts

Cool Pics.

Thanks for sharing!! Didnt find the time to visit Stuttgart or Leipzig ? (sp)

If only there was a way to duplicate - or take our cars with us on holidays..... I feel your pain!!

Best,

Simon
Old 07-04-2006, 08:45 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boost Crazy
Cool Pics. Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks. Shot with a Nikon D100, reducing to 50K (250x350) doesn't do them justice. We didn't have one single day of rain in 16 days in Europe.
Didnt find the time to visit Stuttgart or Leipzig ? (sp)
No this was 7 countries in 16 days combination cruise and 2 days each in Rome, Paris and London. Flew to Rome, then cruised to Monte Carlo (Nice, Eze, Cannes), Livorno (Pisa, Florence), Barcelona, Carthage (Tunis, Tunisia), Malta (Valletta), Palermo (Taormina, Etna) and finally Naples (Pompei, Amalfi, Positano). Flew from Rome to London. Then Eurostar to/from Paris. Hasta la vista Europe for Home! So, no Germany/Swiss, that's next time with the boys who want to try (I don't think so!!) the autobahn.
If only there was a way to duplicate - or take our cars with us on holidays..... I feel your pain!!
German Trip will include a Cayenne or Large MB for sure.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Ok - you started it....

I have done some time through YOU-ROPE with PAG's blessing in a convoy of some 18 Porsches over 8 glorious days.... It was one of those once in a lifetime things - but driving someone elses 996TT flat out on the Austobahn is something else....

Just to tease - we are planning a return tripin the next year or so (depending on the baby making process) and will be hooking ourselves up with PAG for the supply of some cars - most likley 997TT's (I hope ) and making the trip up to the Leipzig Plant as well as some track days....

I can highly recoomend spending the $$$$ on a real car - but it will mean instigating a level of self control like no other situation you have ever been in....

Again - thanks for sharing,

Best,

Simon
Old 07-04-2006, 10:17 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

........with PAG's blessing in a convoy of some 18 Porsches over 8 glorious days.... It was one of those once in a lifetime things - but driving someone elses 996TT flat out on the Austobahn is something else....
Were you doing European delivery and then shipping back to Australia for a dealer.. or what? Please explain. I was thinking of possibly taking European delivery next summer.. but have no idea of cost for insurance, etc. EnigmaWmn also is a shutterbug, think she has some posts of similar spots in Italy.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:22 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MadFox, Tour d'Eiffel shot is a "must frame"! Can you indulge us and post a few 800x600? Pretty please? :-).

You have a good eye and I'm especially fond of your choice to shoot Nikon :-D Were you able to get the 18-200VR? All of my Monaco/Monte Carlo, South of France shots are from film days, but I hope you don't mind if I add a few fresh Italy & France shots. I'm leaving to Lake Como next week with a trip to Portofino, Milan and maybe Monaco, depending on how lazy we get. It's easy to spend the days by the lake or on the lake, in hopes of catching Clooney in the nude lol

And yes, a european delivery on a 911 is a must!

Paris 2006

Italy 2005

Last edited by EnigmaWmn; 08-29-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:07 AM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnificent photos. Thanks for sharing them with us. I live here and photos like these still impress me.

And, if there is anyway for you to do the European delivery in Zuffenhausen or Leipzig, go for it. It is truly an experience.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Ton
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thinking of possibly taking European delivery next summer.. but have no idea of cost for insurance, etc.
For european citizens the costs of the Leipzig delivery are 1500 USD over the normal delivery costs ( transport, preparing etc ) so you pay double. Maybe there are other prizes for US customers

Ton
Old 07-05-2006, 11:51 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
MadFox, Tour d'Eiffel shot is a "must frame"! Can you indulge us and post a few 800x600? Pretty please? :-).
Thanks. I took quite a few of Tour d'Eiffel but this was the best.. by the way it is not photoshopped.. that is how it was. beautiful night. I experimented with different times when it got dark and got one or two that are pretty cool. I'll post a few of those after I reduce them in size. I'm not sure how to post bigger pics.. I think there is a size limit on the site.
You have a good eye
Thanks.. since this was my 25th anniversary trip.. that is better than a "wandering" eye!!
and I'm especially fond of your choice to shoot Nikon
I have had it quite a few years now.. got it when they were rather pricey.. I have a Nikon 28-105mm (AF, with Macro), a Sigma EX 12-24mm, and a Nikon ED 70-300MM. These pretty much cover the range I've needed. I use the 28-105 pretty much all the time however.
I'm leaving to Lake Como next week with a trip to Portofino, Milan and maybe Monaco, depending on how lazy we get. It's easy to spend the days by the lake or on the lake, in hopes of catching Clooney in the nude lol
Clooney in the nude.. ugh. must be a girl thing! ha! Never mind his politics but "get thee to monaco", lot of cool cars to see (amazing the number of corvettes) and drive over to Eze/Cannes.. if it is a sunny day it is spectacular.. of course, the Portofino to Genao drive is pretty fantastic too. Enjoy the trip -- post some pics upon your return.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have a Nikon 70-300 lens. Matter of fact, 1st & 3rd photos were taken with it (Rome/Florence '05 shots were all done with coolpix). The rest are usually taken with my walk-around 24-120VR and occasionally I use a prime 35 f/2. The kit 18-70 is collecting dust. Once 18-200 becomes available, I think it'll replace pretty much all of my lenses.

Can you see naked Clooney standing in one of the windows? You can click on the link under the image, which would take you to a larger photo. If you still don't see Clooney, he must be hiding behind a curtain :-D

http://www.pbase.com/image/48256543/original

I hope to bring back lots of photos. First day or two my photo-mojo is completely gone, but then I just get inspired and shoot away lol
Old 07-05-2006, 12:36 PM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive fast then return the car

Hi Everyone,

I thought you might want to check this out. These folks advertise through PCA Orange Coast Region...
http://www.autobahn-adventures.com/
This trip is on my list of things to do.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:56 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 887 Likes on 537 Posts

Great pix! Yes, rent a decent car. We had a VW Passat a few years ago with 4 of us and all our luggage. Car was ok but no power and struggled on the Austrian passes and autobahn- I was barely able to go over a 100 on the autobahn- the boys were making fun of me...
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skl
Great pix! Yes, rent a decent car. We had a VW Passat a few years ago with 4 of us and all our luggage. Car was ok but no power and struggled on the Austrian passes and autobahn- I was barely able to go over a 100 on the autobahn- the boys were making fun of me...
On this trip, with 5 of us and limited time, I had a driver and van take us around in each port and/or city (an overview in London/Paris, then some by foot/underground).. great thing about it is that doing it that way, you say STOP.. get out get a picture and your driver obliges.. in addition, I got to "look" instead of driving off the road, which on the Amalfi coast is a LONG drop!! .. Plus, it is all at your own pace. (kids had never been to Europe and oldest is close to graduating from college - so we did a "look, photo op, next!" trip - I referred to it as the A.D.D. special.. no long attention spans necessary.) Kids loved it as they just wanted pics and to see as much as possible.. For example, we did the Louvre in just under two hours (and that was our longest at any one place). Personally, having been to most of these places it was better for me as well. My idea was "wet their appetite" for more later. Boys definitely wished that we had a couple of 911's for French riviera and Amalfi but having the driver and getting to really enjoy the drive was a much better way to do it for the first time.

But, as you say when we do Germany/Switzerland/Northern Italy next year.. either Euro delivery on a new Porsche and/or Luxury Car Rental (Cayenne).
Thanks.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Madfox,

Will shoot you some more pics when I get back from picking up the new car (see other thread) but just to whet your appetite... We were part of a "ONCE ONLY" tour arranged with PCA and PAG. One of my friends here owns a travel agancy and has ties with The Porsche Travel Club. We were taken first to the Factory and Museum Tour and then was not only allowed into Weissach - and given a tour - but we had hot laps around the test track with Factory Test drivers.... you ever seen cearamic disks get so hot they produce flame????? After a full tour inc the wind tunnel we were then taken to HQ where this was waitng.....

[IMG]CIMG0032V2[/IMG]

and then not long after we were doing this down the autobahn....

[IMG]CIMG0189V2[/IMG]

I have some great shots - even some snuck in with the (then) yet to be realeased 997.... Foloowed by 8 days of driving all around the german Swiss and Austrian countryside - incuding some legendary roads like the GrossGlockner (sp) and finalising in a trip to the Frankfurt Motor Show as guests of PAG....

Will send more when I get back from picking up the NEW car!

Best,

Simon.
Attached Images   
Old 07-06-2006, 12:56 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

I also have a Nikon 70-300 lens. ...... First day or two my photo-mojo is completely gone, but then I just get inspired and shoot away lol
great lens for outdoor sports shots during daylight.. great way to freeze-frame ***** while swinging the bat or headers into the goal. Couple more pics while my "mojo" was in gear! All NOT retouched with photoshop etc.
Valletta, Malta harbor from the cruise ship, Tour d'Eifel from our hotel balcony (Hilton Paris just renovated -- nice), and Sacre' Cour through the glass of one of the D'orsay's clock towers inside the museum (probably my favorite). I don't know how you posted your pics where you can see them without being signed into the forum? Help?
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Cayenne in Eze, France and assorted Eurotrip Pics