Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of Toyo Tires 275/40R20 on Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:24 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,180 Posts

I think you will find it all depends on where you live. There are many parts of the country where discount places like Costco are as good if not better than some of the local shops and dealerships.

I find around the NYC area the discount places are OK for an average car but I would not trust my Porsche's to them. There must be 15 Costco's in a 50 mile radius and an equal number of BJ's and STS tire etc, etc. Most of these places have new employees every 6 months because they don't pay enough and it is hard to find good help. That is why Tim and myself would trust a place like EuroTire which was at one time the Tire Rack of the '70's and '80's. These guys really know their stuff and Chris one of the owners was on the Perelli tire team at LeMans. So IMO there is a definite difference around here.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:14 PM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobalt
Tim,

10k Ouch!! I have 15k on my Perelli's and have 50% tread left.

Did Chris do your alignment? I have him do all my cars they are top notch and do a great job.
Hey Anthony.....Yup Chris was the one who was working with me....what a great guy !! I actually was surprised by how little they charged for such amazing work ! I was blown away by how much better the ride is now...I must have had a bad alignment all along and not know it.... guess thats why they are still in busines. FYI - Take a look of the picture above of the front. Did you notice how I mounted my license plate Just flipped to show more of the grills
Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by TimC.
Did you notice how I mounted my license plate Just flipped to show more of the grills
Thanks for pointing that out. It looks much better. Best without a plate but not worth the hassel of running plate-less. Did you need to cut the bracket to make it fit? I think I tried flipping it once and it did not fit properly..
Old 07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by cobalt
Thanks for pointing that out. It looks much better. Best without a plate but not worth the hassel of running plate-less. Did you need to cut the bracket to make it fit? I think I tried flipping it once and it did not fit properly..
- No cutting required...just flip it and put the screws in....unless you have a different one?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:26 PM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vino
Go here-
www.toyo.com/flash.html

They have them in 19" size, I have them and I love them.
Have been thinking about buying these in 19". Does anyone have any experience with them in light mud or snow conditions? Would like to be able to cross a pasture or run up a muddy dirt road without getting stuck, and I don't think the OEM Rossos will do. On the other hand, don't want to sacrifice too much dry pavement performance and the Proxes (despite the non-N rating) seem to get rave reviews.

Thanks for any help!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:16 AM
psonnier
Cruisin'

I just put the Toyos on my S and they seem to work great. They were $230/pc at the local Les Schwab dealer. I intended to go through Costco, but would have had to wait for the Diamaris to come in. I couldn't do this because of an "urgent" need, i.e. a razor blade lodged in one of the Pirellis I bought it with... about 40% tread left. Side note: It sure was fun figuring out the fix-a-flat Porsche puts out! As it turns out, though, since the flat happened at a local all-in-one store, I just bought some brand name Fix-a-flat and was sort of on my way... with Fix-a-flat oozing out the gash all the way to Costco! Good time. I'm getting a space saver spare ASAP.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:15 PM
prm1177
Intermediate

Good info. I'm approaching 20k on my Conti's and am looking for a tire with similar performance but better wear in an M&S. I've also hear good reports about the Yokohama Geolander H/TS G052 on the Tire Rack. Any opinions between the two?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Vino
Racer

Originally Posted by sigs
Have been thinking about buying these in 19". Does anyone have any experience with them in light mud or snow conditions? Would like to be able to cross a pasture or run up a muddy dirt road without getting stuck, and I don't think the OEM Rossos will do. On the other hand, don't want to sacrifice too much dry pavement performance and the Proxes (despite the non-N rating) seem to get rave reviews.

Thanks for any help!
I have driven them in the rain and they do well, I do have them in 19" but I don't think I will try them in snow or mud, sorry I couldn't assist with more info
Old 09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
TimC.
Racer

Yeah same here...summer driving only so far and they have felt really nice !! Even though I have the winter set of Dunlop 18's in the garage I am going to see how long I can go on these and see how the M&S rating holds up on a 20" Tire
I will cross my fingers and report back after we see the first snowflake in NJ...worst case I can get the impact wrench out and swap them out Thats if I am not sidways somewhere in the bushes LOL
Old 09-07-2006, 09:35 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 887 Likes on 537 Posts

Just put new Lattitude HP 285/45/19's on my CS at Costco. They'd put on the Diamaris which wore out very quicklly last year and did a fine job- careful with no problems. I was a little nervous at first but they were very careful- they'd never done a Cayenne before so it was kind of fun for them compared to a Saturn or Toyota... Price was good as well. And Nitrogen in the tiress to boot!
These better last longer!! Would have tried the Toyos but costco doesn't offer them and the price for the Michelins wasn't much more.
Agree that the tread pattern is less agressive, but I'm not exactly racing a 5500 lb truck...I have a Lotus for that...or a spec Miata for that matter...
Old 09-08-2006, 12:43 AM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by TimC.
Yeah same here...summer driving only so far and they have felt really nice !! Even though I have the winter set of Dunlop 18's in the garage I am going to see how long I can go on these and see how the M&S rating holds up on a 20" Tire
My problem is that I DON'T have the option of an 18" set in the garage. The PowerKit brakes require at least 19" wheels and the selection of anything resembling an M&S tire with an appropriate speed and weight rating is between slim and none. Don't really need/want the Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow N-rated tires, and they are a good bit more narrow, at 255.

Still looking for anyone who's had the Toyos on anything more "interesting" than pavement.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:30 PM
DMD
Intermediate

So what 's the answer? I live in S. Cal and drive fairly aggresively on 19" rims. Should I buy the Latitude Sports or the Toyos and how do they compare?

Quick Reply: Pictures of Toyo Tires 275/40R20 on Cayenne Turbo