Punched my Cayenne card for a second time. 2006 Titanium S in Metallic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:29 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stone43
And my personal opinion is that the 08 "facelift" is hideous.
AGREED!
Originally Posted by Stone43
Finally, shall I assume you are a current (or former) P-3 driver?
Former, Reagan-era guy. MadFox was the nickname for VP-5 based in Jax, FL deployed to Med/Atlantic! You a flyboy?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:38 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice going Mad Fox.

I am at 24K miles on my '06 and not a problem to speak of. Best all around daily driver on the planet.

I'm sure you will love that car for years to come.

BTW-- Where is LTC...He hasn't posted for a while. I hope your purchase didn't drive him 'over the edge'.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:41 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ltc is on a personal break, I sure he will be back as soon as the doctor give him clearance to speak. I hope thats its sooner rather than later.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto on what everyone else has been saying -sweet!
You most certainly won't be needing any Nav updates now, and at least they will make them for your DVD based system -you lucky bastard!!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kooser
Ditto on what everyone else has been saying -sweet!
You most certainly won't be needing any Nav updates now, and at least they will make them for your DVD based system -you lucky bastard!!
Thanks Kooser --- just to make you sicker.. the DVD was dated 06/2006.. a less than one year old flyover was in the DVD.. all surrounding counties have ALL of the streets now.. no in the weeds anywhere yet... the graphics are slightly different and the screen seems to have a better look.. PAG IF YOU"RE READING THIS>>>> you jerks should still do the CD updates.. it just isn't that big of a deal to do it and EVERY other manf. does!! CD's are not going away for many years to come.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Porschenator
Intermediate

I'm convinced...........MadFox...............pm with your dealer.........I have an 05 CS w/o many of the options on your new ride..............I'm a long way away, but know how to make the transaction/distance/deal work.......................thx......
Old 10-12-2006, 01:50 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschenator
I'm convinced...........MadFox...............pm with your dealer.........I have an 05 CS w/o many of the options on your new ride..............I'm a long way away, but know how to make the transaction/distance/deal work.......................thx......
What?? Your 05 can't be that different from an 06!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:13 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

MadFox,

Congrats on your new TE Cayenne. Is your Marine Blue the same as the color on the Cayenne TTS?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:07 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
MadFox, Congrats on your new TE Cayenne. Is your Marine Blue the same as the color on the Cayenne TTS?
Yes and No. on the Turbo S you can get lapis blue metallic or marine blue.. mine is marine blue.. subtle difference.. but I didn't care for the lapis blue anyway.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:09 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschenator
too many abbreviations.. you want me to PM you with my dealer's name? Tom Williams Porsche in Birmingham. GM is Jim K. SM is Lowell. They do internet deals. Had someone from Texas picking up a Cayenne when I got mine.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MadFox
Here are the daylight pictures. I was surprised at how different the color looks depending on the angle and the amount of sunlight.

Welcome to the deep south. The Birmingham skyline is the background in 3 pictures and Shades Mountain is the last one with full sunlight. Pics were taken at "The Club" (yes, that's the name!) which is on Red Mountain overlooking the city below. City is about 600' and the Cayenne is at 1025'. I've really decided that I like the color. During the day it is almost cobalt blue and at dusk/evening it gets darker looking -- making it look like the typical black luxury car. Notice the different look of the paint depending on the angle with the sun. All pics were taken with a Nikon D100 using a Quantaray UV Filter. NO TOUCHUP.. what you see is what it looked like! The downtown buildings are height limited due to the close proximity of the airport (see plane in one picture). The buildings are 30-33 stories tall so we're still 100' feet higher on the mountain. Despite what many people think, Alabama is green and hilly (mountainous might be a stretch). Beautiful Sunday with temps in the 70's and warm sunshine. The car did great driving a few twisties along the roads to these overlooks. Thanks for all the kind words. Enjoy the pics!

Mad Fox-- These are great shots. I never realized Birmingham was that large...How far is it from PDE?...I plan on trying that one day.

Also, it would be great to see some photos of the lucky owner next to that sweet ride...

Rome out...
Old 10-19-2006, 10:35 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rome
Mad Fox-- These are great shots. I never realized Birmingham was that large...How far is it from PDE?...I plan on trying that one day. Also, it would be great to see some photos of the lucky owner next to that sweet ride...
Rome out...
Okay, you asked for the CVB infomercial courtesy of MadFox!! Birmingham is actually the 48th largest metro area.. so all you advertising types know that B'ham is actually in the national ad buy (top 50 markets). Also, my adopted home state is quite hilly and green.. great weather.. really we're due east of Phoenix/LAX.. no snow (once in a great while).. and it the winter.. you may get in the 20's on rare occasion but in a few days you could be 70 and playing golf (year round here). Huntsville is only 90 miles and Tuscaloosa (univ of alabama) is just 50 miles.. so actually within 90 miles there are 2.7M or so (as of this year).. but it is a great place -- never thought I'd end up here after moving down from NJ with two years left in High School.. 4 years college/6 years active duty and then settled here.

Now, the important info is the PDE at Barber's Motor Park is just 15 or so miles east of downtown.. an incredible facility.. world class .. has a museum.. it is so cool to see the instructors work the cars on the track.. rolling hills and the PDE is supposedly just fantastic.. Love the new Cayenne.. but I'll wait to do that with a 911.

Photos.. hmmm, might do that with sunglasses and a ballcap.. a certain good feeling at being somewhat anonymous.. thanks for the kind words on the photos.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:03 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Photos.. hmmm, might do that with sunglasses and a ballcap.. a certain good feeling at being somewhat anonymous..
Hat - ok. Sunglasses - not ok. Who's after you? Russians who ended up with your Cayenne? :-D

Quick Reply: Punched my Cayenne card for a second time. 2006 Titanium S in Metallic Blue