Sponsored by:

Punched my Cayenne card for a second time. 2006 Titanium S in Metallic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 09:20 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Punched my Cayenne card for a second time. 2006 Titanium S in Metallic Blue

I bought in May 2003 a April build that sold as the first month as a 2004. I had lots of gremlins and problems that finally stopped by 35-40K with the exception of a post warranty cardan shaft that my dealer and PAG "ate"... but, I have done all service and tires through the dealer (all at comparable and good prices). So, I traded today for a new 2006 Titanium S in the metallic blue WITH PASM.. wow what a difference on the drive home over my known bounce your butt places. Drove assorted BMW, Land Rover, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes in past week. Yuck. Yes, I had a beta model and too many problems but my dealer was the "difference"... simply put I wasn't willing to risk a new dealer with a vehicle that I just didn't like nearly as well as the Cayenne. Didn't move up to Turbo as I really want to add a 997 cab. down the line and couldn't justify the extra $$$. I can honestly say this vehicle feels better to drive.. it also has a slightly different sound with the quad exhaust.

Answer to questions. DVD Nav has all my roads now.. no "in the weeds."
PASM is well worth it.. I didn't know what I was missing in my "steel" springs.
LOVE LOVE LOVE having a spare tire!
Really like the blue color and the two tone interior. Quad exhaust new sound.
Bad pics it got to be dusk before I got home. Better pictures tomorrow.
LTC and Mudman.... I done drunk the entire pitcher of Kool-Aid!! HA!>?

p.s. Got a good trade and.... you guessed it the dealer says the buyer is a guy who ships them to Russia and Eastern Europe (even with 72K miles!).

pictures... self explanatory .. I think.. yes, I have clear side markers on order.
Attached Images     
Old 10-07-2006, 09:37 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Nice Madfox. I saw a MBM Titanium CS at the dealer last week when I dropped off my DD Audi.

Very purddy it was that CS.

I'm thinking a CPO '06 in a year or two. Please keep the Kool-Aid cold for me.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Zin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MadFox. Congrats. I love it! Looking forward to more pics!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:13 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Duuuuude! Congratulations! Is that the same color as the blue in Turbo S?

We're very conflicted about the car. Love it, but the thought of sh*t going wrong past warranty is really fueling the paranoia.

Anyway, daylight photos would be nice :-).
Old 10-07-2006, 11:25 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Duuuuude! Congratulations! Is that the same color as the blue in Turbo S? We're very conflicted about the car. Love it, but the thought of sh*t going wrong past warranty is really fueling the paranoia. Anyway, daylight photos would be nice :-).
Okay, my reason for the trade were in order:
1. Naked and no ext. warranty available. I have through the dealer 7 year/100K
2. Drove other cars/SUVs still like Cayenne the best as a "daily".
3. Was going to need in next 5K miles or sooner
a. Water pump slight ticking
b. plugs/coils seemed to be starting again
c. 2 new tires to replace 2 that were at 30K miles (Diamaris)
d. Oil Change and Filters
e. A/C solenoid issue appeared to be re-appearing.

I'm going to find someplace pretty to take a photo as it is still very green and supposed to be sunny tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:26 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats and welcome to our "Air Shock" world. WHOLE WORLD APART from them Steel Springs...
Old 10-07-2006, 11:30 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Congrats and welcome to our "Air Shock" world. WHOLE WORLD APART from them Steel Springs...
It is "shocking" pun intended.. we have a few bad spots in my 'hood.. and I just glide over them and no bounce out of my leather seat! All I can say for high mileage folks this may be the answer as you can get more for your car since you're trading it back to the guy who sold it... and I'm reading here that '06's just don't have the early issues. One thing I really liked about this one is that it does NOT have TPMS which always gave false warnings and was reset nearly everytime I went in for other maintenance.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:05 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats Madfox... beautiful color... enjoy the PASM
Old 10-08-2006, 02:00 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice one Alan good luck with it, I was just admiring the powder blue color in the parking lot at Nick and Petes in Dallas, very smart !
Old 10-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Noubs
Track Day

sick car! congrats man.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:09 AM
cayennelover
2nd Gear

Talking Smart man!

I am going to punch my card #2 soon as well...I am #1 on the list for a new S this spring, however, I am strongly considering going for a 05 Turbo instead...whattya think...I absolutely LOVE the Cayenne S, absolutely perfect marriage of a SUV and a Fast, Bad *** handling machine...It really shines on the roadtrips to Vegas or San Diego, 120 + smooth as silk...as long as you have a passport X50!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Vino
Racer

Beautiful car Mafox

I like to see brand loalty especially buying the same model, awesome!
The color combo is stunning!

Honestly if some of you people who have issues with your car need move on, just trade up. I do have an understanding many dealers are giving good deals all around with trade + discount on new.

As Madfox said, the dealer can make the difference in terms of experience.
All my dealer visits were good experiences with knowledgeable staff that know how to keep the car in check. I can relate to anyone who has had a bad experience as these cars are complex and can make ownership a disaster.

We were thinking of trading our CTT for a CTTS but after a long talk with our mech about the long haul and seeing 2 03 CTT's with over 90k with happy owners, we'll put the money towards a 997 GT3.

Enjoy the new ride Madfox, she's a beauty.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:00 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cayennelover
I am going to punch my card #2 soon as well...I am #1 on the list for a new S this spring, however, I am strongly considering going for a 05 Turbo instead...whattya think...I absolutely LOVE the Cayenne S, absolutely perfect marriage of a SUV and a Fast, Bad *** handling machine...It really shines on the roadtrips to Vegas or San Diego, 120 + smooth as silk...as long as you have a passport X50!
I opted to stay with the S because of the titanium package and what the dealer had added as extras.. as mentioned I don't have TPMS (I don't think I'll miss it!!) and the rear view mirror is just the flip up kind vs. the self-dimming (I may miss that). One other thing is that the a/c to the rear seat is incredibly more powerful in the std. version.. I always suspected that there was a solonoid/or venting issue with my old one.. but we were stunned at how much air it was putting out.

Lastly, I know Turbo guys love their machines.. but I'm just not trying to beat a 911 off the line.. this is my practical Porsche and I'll compromise on some of the power because this thing has more than enough for my uses and tastes.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:01 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Noubs
sick car! congrats man.
oh.. thought you were my wife.. she said "sick man".....
Old 10-08-2006, 10:10 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vino
I like to see brand loalty especially buying the same model, awesome! The color combo is stunning!
I agree about "dealer" loyalty as that has so much to do with the brand. If I had been in some of the snotty dealer areas, it would have been the end of the PAG line for me. Color - My daughter loves it, wife doesn't. both boys don't even know yet and they're off at college.
Honestly if some of you people who have issues with your car need to move on, just trade up. I do have an understanding many dealers are giving good deals all around with trade + discount on new.
My dealer cut a great deal for my problems and being loyal (PM me if buying) and knows that I've sold cars for him and knew that I'm serious about the 997 cab.
As Madfox said, the dealer can make the difference in terms of experience.All my dealer visits were good experiences with knowledgeable staff that know how to keep the car in check... Enjoy the new ride Madfox, she's a beauty.
Thanks, I will and the dealer also knows that I will use him for service/maintenace because I agree that they're the experts and IF (hopefully those days are behind me) there are some gremlins it is their issue to find and fix.

p.s. YES, FORGOT TO MENTION... 7 YEAR, 100K WARRANTY through the dealer got $200 deductible after the std. 4 year PAG.. but I cannot imagine owning this "COMPLEX" vehicle NAKED (yes, I did for 22K miles, but I was SICK!)

Quick Reply: Punched my Cayenne card for a second time. 2006 Titanium S in Metallic Blue