Sponsored by:

Bambi meets Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:04 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
IMHO most of those aftermarket bumpers etc look hideous and VERY ricey. You could get the stainless front underpanel which would set it off a little and is still OEM. But if you're selling it anyway, why bother- just go OEM.
I already have the stainless steel skid plate. Miraculously, it is completely undamaged. After hearing all of your advice (thanks), my new plan is to go with the OEM Cayenne S bumper and spolier, use the skid plate again, get the clear markers installed while the numper is off, and get the black plastic grilles in the bumper cover painted to match the exterior color, Carmon Red Metallic.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:59 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STATMAN
I already have the stainless steel skid plate. Miraculously, it is completely undamaged. After hearing all of your advice (thanks), my new plan is to go with the OEM Cayenne S bumper and spolier, use the skid plate again, get the clear markers installed while the numper is off, and get the black plastic grilles in the bumper cover painted to match the exterior color, Carmon Red Metallic.
Right way to go if you're even considering trading in the next year or two. plus I have to admit after never changing out the markers with the BETA.. it really does look sooooo much better on the Tit.S.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Originally Posted by ltc
The Cayenne has the highest % VAG content (or if you prefer, the lowest % of Porsche content) of any "Porsche".
No doubt this is true, but not to the extent that it appears. Some of the parts on the Cayenne have VAG part numbers stamped on them without a corresponding PAG part number and are counting as VAG content. This gives VAG a higher total content percentage, but isn't necessarily a bad thing. As an example, the 20" Sport Techo wheels have a VAG part number stamped on them and do not have a PAG part number showing. I am sure that they count as VAG content. The wheels are made in Italy by a supplier commonly used by PAG, but no PAG part number.

Porsche has a history of using different companies to build their bodies. Is a VAG body any worse than a Finish built Boxster/Cayman?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:34 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil S
No doubt this is true, but not to the extent that it appears. Some of the parts on the Cayenne have VAG part numbers stamped on them without a corresponding PAG part number and are counting as VAG content. This gives VAG a higher total content percentage, but isn't necessarily a bad thing. As an example, the 20" Sport Techo wheels have a VAG part number stamped on them and do not have a PAG part number showing. I am sure that they count as VAG content. The wheels are made in Italy by a supplier commonly used by PAG, but no PAG part number.

Porsche has a history of using different companies to build their bodies. Is a VAG body any worse than a Finish built Boxster/Cayman?
Good points Phil!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Originally Posted by STATMAN
Good points Phil!
Sorry to hear about your incident with a deer. Here in California my worse potential front end damage problem is from gravel trucks. We do have a toll road near my home that cuts through a natural preserve and there are some critters there, but they have done everything they can to try to separate cars from animals.

I would face the same issues you have with fixing the damage. I always try to make it better than before when faced with repairing something. So, I too would be tempted to put something new/different/improved on when repairing the damage. But, since you already know you will be replacing the Cayenne before too long, I think that you are best off sticking with stock parts.

Phil

Quick Reply: Bambi meets Cayenne