Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
Do the 08's have the crowd's favorite option; E-gas hesitation???
You forgot to ask about Bluetooth.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by willfranklin
Are the dealers dealing??????
2nd time around a charm with Cayenne ownership?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok..........Will the 08's have Bluetooth??
Old 02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
2nd time around a charm with Cayenne ownership?
Haven't pulled the trigger...but yes, the four days of first time ownership have me longing for a spin. I read this board (and your comments specifically) every few days to remind myself I don't have to have one. Or do I?????
Old 02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Haven't pulled the trigger...but yes, the four days of first time ownership have me longing for a spin. I read this board (and your comments specifically) every few days to remind myself I don't have to have one. Or do I?????
As you are obviously a man of distinction and taste (based on owning a 964 with D90 wheels)........

No, none of us needs any of these things, but they're nice to have.

Yes, the 06 CTTS is a much better choice than your "first" Cayenne.....I especially love the Powerkit brakes.

So, as long as you're not concerned about depreciation due to ridiculous over production (think "like a brick"), the complete lack of exclusivity (the S models are now nothing but marketing vehicles to move options that never sold, 996TTs, Cayenne TTs, etc), then it should be a decent vehicle.

Now, if you're planning on towing with it, THAT's another story.........I think we've covered the "things to watch out for".

Nothing left to do now but sit back and wait for the inevitable "excited about my new Cayenne" post.....the honeymoon phase.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:24 AM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
As you are obviously a man of distinction and taste (based on owning a 964 with D90 wheels)........
I've still got Flags too.......
Old 02-13-2007, 12:16 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Since this your actual thread about possibly buying the CTTS.. I'm reposting my comments (edited a little from the other thread where you questioned your sanity about buying the CTTS)!

I'm not a blind follower or as some would say "defender of the faith" with the Cayenne. My beta experience was a love/hate relationship. However, my new '06 Tit.S is flawless to date (4+ months and approaching 7K miles) and I apparently have one of the best dealers in the USA where I serviced my Tit.S and my beta.

YOU REALLY SHOULD BE FINE WITH A CTTS. Remember, forums exist primarily to compare notes on problems and to help forum members confront their dealer with problems.. thus, they tend to be negative... well, they ARE negative is more accurate.. we've had a few "feel good" posts but not many.. thus, remember, you're seeing a very small sampling of the overall population of Cayenne owners on this board. Bottomline, just like any car/truck, your experience will be determined by:

1. Personal driving experience
2. Good/Bad Service Dept. at Dealer
3. Overall quality of the vehicle (over time this gets better)

With my Beta, #1 was huge factor.. #2 was what kept me in a Cayenne
With my Tit.S. #3 is light years from the alphas and betas. I have a spare tire, the cowboy belt buckles were changed, ign. coil redesigned, electrical gremlins cured, no flying rear hatch, blah blah blah..

Test drive, talk with service dept. manager, get a great deal.. with '06 CTTS, I would doubt you could be happier in any other vehicle. Good Luck and go ahead.. you know you want to ... sip the Purplesaurus Rex
Old 02-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a direct quote from Kelly Blue Book about the projected resale value for Cayennes:
"As with all Porsche vehicles, the Cayenne retains its value well, with five-year projected residual values equal to the BMW X5, Infiniti FX45 and Land Rover Range Rover."

Is this true? All I know is that it doesn't seem to matter what I buy, after four or five years I end up nearly giving them away. My 4 year old perfect condition, low mileage MB S430 lost 60% of its original cost. My '99 996 cab with 10000 miles sold in 2005 for less than half its original cost.

Both Kelly Blue Book and J.D. Powers have listed the Cayenne as one of the best in its class in relation to projected resale value.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:33 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Remember: It's not a Porsche.....unless it's got an aircooled engine stuck up it's ***.

Go ahead, get the 06 CTTS and remember, we're always here when you need a shoulder to cry on.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MadFox
Since this your actual thread about possibly buying the CTTS.. I'm reposting my comments (edited a little from the other thread where you questioned your sanity about buying the CTTS)!

Test drive, talk with service dept. manager, get a great deal.. with '06 CTTS, I would doubt you could be happier in any other vehicle. Good Luck and go ahead.. you know you want to ... sip the Purplesaurus Rex
Thanks MadFox. You are definitely right to keep it all in perspective...
Old 02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

The dealers are discounting the Turbo S at least $10K (some 20K). However, the 2008 Turbo with 500hp is a low 94K. In my opinion it is not worth getting an 06 Turbo S over an 08 Turbo. The last 20hp makes not enough of a difference and after the depreciation the 08 has to be way ahead. Not to mention the active suspension you can get on the 08. I went into the dealership to get a discounteed 06 Turbo S, but walked away ordering a 08 Turbo to my spec for 107K MSRP. And, after some prodding got a 5% discount on MSRP. Not a bad deal.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

$25,000 Off? anyone interested, i have 3...
Old 02-18-2007, 11:36 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rijk365gtb4
I went into the dealership to get a discounteed 06 Turbo S, but walked away ordering a 08 Turbo to my spec for 107K MSRP. And, after some prodding got a 5% discount on MSRP. Not a bad deal.
If in NY, which dealership? Yesterday I walked out of Manhattan Motor Cars for the second time. They offered 10k off of CTTS and made it sound like I should be lucky to get even that.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

FYI, my cars are Black/Black, Silver/Black, and Titanium/Black
Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 AM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

Cherry Hill in NJ discount their CTTS 20K. Call Mel and tell him Rijk send you.

Quick Reply: Deals on 06 CTTS?