Sponsored by:

06 Cayenne Inventory

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:24 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 06 Cayenne Inventory

In checking dealer inventories, it appears that they unloaded a lot of '06 Cayennes in the past month. I don't know how that magically happened. Just a couple of months ago, if you checked their inventories, there were still huge quantities available. A good example is the Beverly Hills dealer. They had lots of Cayennes, but go check it now. Most are gone! Were there a lot of buyers waiting in the sidelines until discounts were unleashed in the last moment? or was there something else going on, such as new cars being leased out? In any case, I think most dealers are now well positioned to sell the '08s that are coming in.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:45 AM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I noticed that too, something is not right. It seems BH sold 30+ Titaniums overnight and Carlsen sold all but one of their Cayennes too... It must be a computer error or maybe someone overseas bought them all for ???
Old 02-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they are looking to get rid of 2006 models in preparation of the 2008. I just took delivery on my Titanium in New York. Both of my local dealerships were very aggressive in trying to sell. Very deep discounts. Porsche must be giving some back door incentives.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Phil S
Advanced

There are incentives on the 2006 models. Also, they quit making the 2006's a few months ago so there aren't any more in the pipeline. Inventories should get real low before the 2008's show up in March.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Beezr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dealers are also trading their 06 inventory with other dealers for future options on 08s.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Jukelemon
Racer

I just bought one. Loaded v6, CPO with 14k for 43,000.00 54k original sticker.

Not a steal but a good deal in my opinion considering I love our dealer and the CPO.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:49 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Ouch! 43K for a 54K original sticker and it is used? Christ, I got my 54K V6 for 48K brand new in Sep of 05. Hate to say it, that was not a good deal for anybody but the dealer. However, I will say this......if you love it and it is exactly what you were looking for then that is all that matters.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:08 PM
ozr
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by racer_65
In checking dealer inventories, it appears that they unloaded a lot of '06 Cayennes in the past month. I don't know how that magically happened. Just a couple of months ago, if you checked their inventories, there were still huge quantities available. A good example is the Beverly Hills dealer. They had lots of Cayennes, but go check it now. Most are gone! Were there a lot of buyers waiting in the sidelines until discounts were unleashed in the last moment? or was there something else going on, such as new cars being leased out? ...
...may be something else IS GOING ON...too good to be true...too quick CLEANUP...does not corelate to more Cays on the roads in our area...

...actually MANY dealers in our area "cleaned" their www. porschedealer.com inventories listed, but NOT ACTUAL Cays inventories. Some dealer listed NONE CayTitSs on their coresponding www. porschedealer.com list, but at the same time they DO have some CayTitSs still standing on the lot...

...any ideas, where Cays go?...

OZRacing
Old 02-13-2007, 08:04 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=ozr
...any ideas, where Cays go?...

OZRacing[/QUOTE]
The same place that unsold Carrera GT's went......much like Elvis, they have left the building......but PCNA will NEVER publicize or disclose facts like that.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Jukelemon
Racer

Originally Posted by LVDell
Ouch! 43K for a 54K original sticker and it is used? Christ, I got my 54K V6 for 48K brand new in Sep of 05. Hate to say it, that was not a good deal for anybody but the dealer. However, I will say this......if you love it and it is exactly what you were looking for then that is all that matters.
Well, I don't know. I got a vehicle with a bumper to bumper warranty until 100k miles. Loaded. My dealer gives brand new vehicles for loaners during any service for ANY year porsche. Market price on the Cayennes, when looking all over the country, were pretty consistent at the figures. I was told the CPO costs around 2k to do so I figured the car price at 41k.

Maybe I got screwed but I did not see any cheaper any where else in the country. Oh, the sticker was 56k not 54K.

But, oh well. Maybe I did but the dealership is excellent and I put a lot of value in that.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:37 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jukelemon
......I was told the CPO costs around 2k to do so I figured the car price at 41k........

..........and I put a lot of value in that.
The CPO is ~$1500. Regardless, a dealership that has value to you is priceless. hard to find a truly great dealership that you have a great relationship with. I never said you got screwed just that you didn't get a great deal....I just said that I honeslty believe you overpaid. Especially since the 08 are hitting the dealerships any day now and you can get the same deal you got on a brand new one easily. The 08 arrival is going to sink the values of <06 MY's.

Had you waited 1 more month, the deal would be have been drastically better in your favor.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Jukelemon
Racer

Originally Posted by LVDell
The CPO is ~$1500. Regardless, a dealership that has value to you is priceless. hard to find a truly great dealership that you have a great relationship with. I never said you got screwed just that you didn't get a great deal....I just said that I honeslty believe you overpaid. Especially since the 08 are hitting the dealerships any day now and you can get the same deal you got on a brand new one easily. The 08 arrival is going to sink the values of <06 MY's.

Had you waited 1 more month, the deal would be have been drastically better in your favor.
I follow you however I am not sure if I woudl have gotten that much better of a deal. Lexington is small i.e. 250k and the Porsche dealer is a niche to say the least. They really cannot do great deals considering their volume. However, I am sure that other dealers would have given a better deal i.e. I agree with you in general.

No offense taken. Like I said, these days after buying many cars and seeing how poorly some dealerships treat you, 2k-4k upward in price is well worth it in the end-like you said.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I did the same thing when I bought my first 911. The CAB. We paid about 5K more than we probably would have gotten it for out of the city but I chose to establish a long term relationship with the dealer and b/c of that I got a great deal on my second, the Cayenne. I guess I should have added a caveat with my statement since I assumed you were searching nationaly versus only locally. But as we both agree, sometimes it comes down to what makes you happy and the relationship you have with your dealer. If you buy again from them in the future I am sure you will get an even better deal. Enjoy!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Jukelemon
Racer

Agree 100%
Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 PM
bamaxraydoc
AutoX

I looked at a CTTS in Atlanta two weeks ago. They had six on the lot. Two days later, none were listed on website. I haven't been back to see if they are still on the lot.

Quick Reply: 06 Cayenne Inventory