Anyone Looking for a CTT S

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This ought to be good.....I love when 2 people fight over who has the prettiest pig
Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The C TTS is not just a 955 v.1 with a trick motor. Insane, mad scientist Porsche enginusises changed the suspension, the rewrote the PASM software, tuned the Tiptronic software and, the crazy bastards, they put a special coating on the valves, they put in the biggest intercoolers in any Cayenne, and they made the seat vibrate for a quarter. As well as bigger brakes and still more horsepower and torque than an '08.

The '08 Cayenne TT, compared to the 955 v.1, just has a bigger displacement motor, direct injection, and some lip stick. Without the PDCC option... well, there is no hope of survival. The C TTS is the second most powerful production Porsche EVER UNLEASED ON THE WORLD!!! It is a masterwork of unfathomable proportions.

Hail! The C TTS... it is right to give it thanks and praise!

They have even written a patriotic song about it -

Cayenne turbo S, Cayenne turbo S über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Über alles in der Welt.

Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang,
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang.
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
für das Cayenne turbo S!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, Cayenne turbo S.

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 06-20-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:06 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
The C TTS is not just a 955 v.1 with a trick motor. Insane, mad scientist Porsche enginusises changed the suspension, the rewrote the PASM software, tuned the Tiptronic software and, the crazy bastards, they put a special coating on the valves, they put in the biggest intercoolers in any Cayenne, and they made the seat vibrate for a quarter. As well as bigger brakes and still more horsepower and torque than an '08.

The '08 Cayenne TT, compared to the 955 v.1, just has a bigger displacement motor, direct injection, and some lip stick. Without the PDCC option... well, there is no hope of survival. The C TTS is the second most powerful production Porsche EVER UNLEASED ON THE WORLD!!! It is a masterwork of unfathomable proportions.

Hail! The C TTS... it is right to give it thanks and praise!

They have even written a patriotic song about it -

Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Über alles in der Welt.

Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang,
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang.
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang

für das Cayenne turbo S!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, Cayenne turbo S.
Could someone please get the oversized forum butterfly net?
It would appear as though one of the forum members has been at the Purplesaurus Rex punch bowl for WAY too long.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

After reading the translation, I know I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight:

Cayenne turbo S, Cayenne turbo S over everything, over everything in the world, If it always to protection and Trutze Like brothers holds together, Of the Maas to to the Memel, Of the Etsch to at the Belt - Cayenne turbo S, Cayenne turbo S over everything, over everything in the world. German Mrs., German loyalty, German wine and sang German, Are to keep in the world Their old beautiful sound, Us to noble act inspire Our whole life long. German Mrs., German loyalty, German wine and sang German Agreement and right and liberty for the Cayenne turbo S! Afterwards let us all strive Like brothers with heart and hand! Agreement and right and liberty Are the luck pledge; Blüh' in the gloss of this luck, Flower, to Cayenne turbo S.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:08 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

P.S.
I think you posted the edited version of the song.......the ever so important phrase:
Stück Scheiße
is obviously missing from the lyrics.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:24 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Could someone please get the oversized forum butterfly net?
It would appear as though one of the forum members has been at the Purplesaurus Rex punch bowl for WAY too long.
Actually, Johnny brings a whole new level (meaning) to the forum curse word "defender of the faith".... and he's not even talking about an alpha/beta?!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:09 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default how about

Originally Posted by ltc
If this trend continues, we may have to ask our esteemed moderator to ask John D for a special forum for "Former Cayenne owners".
a special forum for those of us who have won (over the course of many months, or years) our lemon law cases against porsche and actually gotten money back from them before we died. we could give pointers to the current apostates.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather have a 2008 CTT than a 2006 CTT S. Even at that heavily discounted price it costs about the same as a 2008 CTT (I can get $5000 to $6000 off a 2008 from my dealer). The 2008 CTT is faster than a CTT S and 2 years newer. The 2008 get better gas mileage and has the refreshed exterior.

Where is the killer value when you consider everything? The "new" 2006 is essentially two years old now. It will take a MUCH bigger resale hit within the next few years than buying the 2008. So, even if it appears to offer more bang for the buck now (and I'm not so sure about that) the loss you will take a few years from now will more than offset that.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:31 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil S
I would rather have a 2008 CTT than a 2006 CTT S. Even at that heavily discounted price it costs about the same as a 2008 CTT (I can get $5000 to $6000 off a 2008 from my dealer). The 2008 CTT is faster than a CTT S and 2 years newer. The 2008 get better gas mileage and has the refreshed exterior.

Where is the killer value when you consider everything? The "new" 2006 is essentially two years old now. It will take a MUCH bigger resale hit within the next few years than buying the 2008. So, even if it appears to offer more bang for the buck now (and I'm not so sure about that) the loss you will take a few years from now will more than offset that.
Hey wait. The '08 CTT is faster, you say? If that's true, then I'm converted to the '08. Faster is better.

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 06-24-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 PM
mb97tts
Racer

We have almost 10k miles on our 06 CTTS. Aside from using oil it has been great. Am I sorry I didn't get an 08?? Um, no. The last thing I need is faster! If you like a car, buy it, drive it, and enjoy it.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:29 AM
pwrsurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree wholeheartedly with Johnny. My 06 CTTS is a vehicle that defies description. My wife and I took it to Parade 3 weeks ago. Put 3500 miles down and back with nary a problem. Autocrossed it (wife got 1st place), took it off-roading in 107 degree heat with AC on with only the slightest rise in water temp. The panoramic roof is breathtaking. I can pass anything on the road with utter safety. I own a 96 993TT, 06 Cayman S, 84 Targa with 993 engine, and none of them would I keep if I had to choose just one....Say if, Hillary gets elected and the world experiences the real Y2K meltdown.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,180 Posts

OK,

I'll bite. Where is this car, what color exterior interior, I'll contemplate from there give the dealer a call if it is to my liking. My '04 has been flawless but the warranty is almost up and I am thinking trading it in vs extended warranty. BTW $25k off an 06 is the standard deal I am liking the $8k over KBB on the trade in though. With only 24k miles on my '04 what should that make it worth. $59k.

I for one love everything they did about the 08's except the front end. To me the new front end is all wrong and I will stick with the original looking pig myself.

I don't venture here often but I can always count on a good laugh!!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

It was a Porsche Nashua, but I don't see it on their website anymore so it may have been sold.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
It was a Porsche Nashua, but I don't see it on their website anymore so it may have been sold.
I will give them a call, what color?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:55 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

It was black/black with the balckout package.

Harry Robinson is the guy I deal with up there. He is the sales manager.

Quick Reply: Anyone Looking for a CTT S