Sponsored by:

PSM OFF = New Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Has she driven the A8? I can't imagine she would still have the same opinion after spending some time behind the wheel. A8 is a great car.

Skyhook suspension was OK. They have been giving people one free 'goodwill' clutch as some people take a while to learn CambioCorse.
She has briefly. Her brother owns a S4Avant, so you know how that goes. I drove one for a week in Florida. I ordered an A6 and they gave me the A8, with 6 miles on the clock! Gave it back with 1,200 . Told them they needed to change the oil!

Why do they call it Skyhook. Sounds like some sort of evil space machine on a James Bond movie. As for the clutch, not a surprise, the Ferrari people like to drive like this . I hear the latest trannie on the QP is the one to get, silky smooth.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yetis
She has briefly. Her brother owns a S4Avant, so you know how that goes..
LOVE the S4 Avant....if I could buy an RS4 Avant, I would in a second.
I love the A8/S8.....I could see myself driving on of those when I grow up....unfortunately my wife (who's been with me since we were 16) says I haven't grown up yet and I show no signs of ever growing up......smart woman, must be why I married her.

Why do they call it Skyhook. Sounds like some sort of evil space machine on a James Bond movie..
IIRC, it had something to do with the English/Italian translation. I was sort of sleeping during the presentations.....I just wanted track time!

As for the clutch, not a surprise, the Ferrari people like to drive like this .
The single dry clutch only has problems with people who tend to 'ride the gas' which causes the transmission to 'ride the clutch'. Once you're off and running, you're good. People with manual transmission experience seldom have issues....it's people who come from Tiptronics that take a bit of time.

I hear the latest trannie on the QP is the one to get, silky smooth.
Yes, the new QP transmission is quite good.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:18 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the car starts in 1st and only goes 2nd with the psm off? I haven't driven the car in a while (wife's car), but I thought that was the case when I tried it?
Old 06-16-2007, 05:28 PM
BD997
Racer

A few weeks ago I turned PSM off for the 1st time in my 08 CTT.... and WOW!!!! It was an entirely new animal... I had power on tap any time... so when you wanna smoke someone ---> PSM OFF and SPORT ON
Old 06-17-2007, 08:30 AM
DJB
Instructor

Well I went for a drive with the turbo chapter of our P club in Melbourne this morning. It was very wet and foggy and I did a loop of one road with PSM off.... and went very sideways a couple of times. We had a PSM enabled CT chasing an non PSM enabled CT and (driver skill excepted and agreed that can be a big difference) the low down was that a PSM enabled CT on a wet normal road with a well skilled driver is quicker and safer. Later re-drove the same road with PSM on and felt much safer.

But it was fun drifting a CT (can i say that - opps)

Quick Reply: PSM OFF = New Driving Experience