Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

porsche dealer service...a BIG RIP OFF!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 07:44 PM
Munkustrap
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brumos (JAX FL) used to price their tires exactly at TireRack prices - a fair policy to encourage their service work. After the "Fields takeover" all that went away. So did the Brumos Driving School with every new car. Now they have a new Taj Mahal building. My family and I did business with Brumos since the original Brundage ownership in the 1950s. Always was a REAL Porsche dealership that provided REAL value. Now it is, sadly, just another arm of a mega-group.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:51 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Munkustrap
AS KIT $299.95 (delivered)
Wait what! There is no sales tax in the OV ...I thought you folks added at least 2% to the AZ number to fund the police state there?
Old 04-19-2024, 01:15 PM
Munkustrap
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phatz
Wait what! There is no sales tax in the OV ...I thought you folks added at least 2% to the AZ number to fund the police state there?
Love that! No, there is no add-on up here as we really don’t have much crime. OVPD seems to enforce the laws fairly and there is little need for expensive intervention such as MRAPs, riot control squads, drug task forces. Lots of retired folks here whose hobbies are constantly surveilling everyone. Entertaining, certainly. There are strict laws about “urban camping,” vagrancy, and harassment. Makes for a nice place to live, work, and enjoy the beautiful Sonoran Desert.
Old 04-19-2024, 04:12 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 211 Posts

Porsche dealerships - like many new Porsche owners - are of a completely different breed. They are not CAR people; they chose Porsche for prestige, status, etc. Often they do not understand the concept of responsible and reasonable service and blindly comply with the service advisor's recommendations, as they sip their nice cafe macchiato in the lounge. The costs of running a Porsche dealership are astronomical, and they must pay for this by new car sales profit (slim), used Porsche sales profit (moderate) and service profit (large). Here is a typical example of a simple Tiptronic transmission fluid change:

DEALERSHIP:

2.0 hours to R&R transmission fluid, pan, gasket and filter @$215/hr $430.00
9.0 quarts Porsche transmission fluid $828.00
Porsche filter $ 90.69
Porsche gasket $36.25
Parts & Labor $1,384.94
Shop supply fee $138.00
Subtotal $1,522.94
Tax $114.22
Total $1,637.16

DIY
Parts from BlauParts:
9.0 Quarts Ravenol transmission fluid
OEM Filter
OEM gasket
AS KIT $299.95 (delivered)

Even if you had an independent shop do the work, at $200/hr, the total would be around $700.

No wonder the Porsche dealerships are becoming increasingly irrelevant to Porsche enthusiasts.

Recently I sold my 991 (Bought it new in 2012, factory delivery in Zuffenhausen) and bought a delightful 1999 996. Easy to work on, parts are reasonable (except the keys), and can avoid the dealer. Durametric works just fine for what I need to do. Although I loved my 991, it was totally dependent on PIWIS for just about anything, and was a $$ hole for even routine maintenance.

Back to more basics - driving and working on Porsches. Never looked back!

We need pictures of the 996!!!!
Old 04-19-2024, 05:20 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

Nov. of 2017 I purchased my 2009 GTS from a local P dealer, with about 54K mi. on the clock. I paid their asking price, there was no attempt to negotiate.
There was no warranty of any kind.

About once a year I received a letter about the importance of having them service it, to maintain reliability. blah blah blah.

No discount on any service, just bring a blank check lol.

After six years of ignoring these the last letter explained that the outstanding deal on my GTS was predicated on returning there for service.

The least I could do is bring it there to be ripped off.

I learned a lesson after paying $500 for a service inspection (aka oil change) for my 2004CS at a different P dealer.

Old 04-20-2024, 03:34 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts

Love that! No, there is no add-on up here as we really don’t have much crime.
Your Oro Valley sales tax rate is 2.5% additional to AZ

Quick Reply: porsche dealer service...a BIG RIP OFF!!!!