iPod Interface (hardware/software) that works with PCM

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Captain Tal
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by randu
I bought this setup from Proclip http://www.proclipusa.com/default.asp
I got part numbers 853210 $29 and 875168 $34 and they worked out great. Just do a search on car model and phone device and you will find the parts. Put them together and its a nice fit.
Randy
Sweet. I ordered one of the Proclips for iPhone. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:38 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you mean this one, they do work very well

for the iPhone / iPod the cable is tough to disguise
Attached Images  
Old 11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
randu
Intermediate

Default iphone

Its more like this one. This is an itouch shown in the picture. I use both the itouch and iphone in the same holder. The itouch is a little wider and thinner but still fits ok. This picture was taken with the iphone.
Randy
Attached Images  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

It looks like it mounts a little lower also which would make the cabling less of a problem
Old 11-27-2007, 11:35 AM
randu
Intermediate

I could have gone lower because it has a swivel to compensate for the curve of the console but I liked it up higher to see while driving. I have it hooked up to a Dension and it works ok, bluetooth not the best though. I may be interested in a mObridge if the price is right and it works better in bluetooth.
I am happy with the way the Dension works for the itouch and iphone as an ipod.
Randy
Old 11-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Harry madan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MadFox
What year is your Cayenne? Early run Cayennes did not have the MOST "wires" run to locations unless you had the factory option -- been stated in threads that it was done to save $$$ and/or to peeve Larry (don't get Larry's ghost started on PAG, Becker and MOST!). '05 and later should have MOST run to the rear CDC compartment regardless. I'm not sure if the pic shows a MOST connector or not.. it doesn't look like the MOST loop back that was in my rear CDC area.

Also: The rear CDC install is the simplest and easiest to do. The only "problem" is that you have to have something to mount the actual hardware unit to. As you see (pics posted at top of thread) I used a 1x6 piece of wood and epoxied it to the rear wall then used screws to mount it. Spliced the power cord and then added the unit to the MOST ring by using the parts supplied by mObridge. Since I was the FIRST install and a beta.. there was some trial/error initially and the power wires easily blow the fuse if they touch... but with the kinks worked out, you could easily plug and play in the rear CDC area in 30 minutes.

Bluetooth is coming.. it will probably be a few months before general release.
I have a 2006 Cayenne S

Originally Posted by mudman2
Nor I

You do have a BOSE stereo right ? if so its just hiding, or you can just tap into the MOST connector on the BOSE amp which is just above the unit in the picture.
and yes i do have the Bose Stereo. but no CD-changer.

He's in the right spot.. I think he must be an alpha or beta. I'm not familiar with that connector? ltc or Larry might be....................
i found 2 more connectors in the same spot. may be u guys recognize those connectors

the pic of the 2 other wires that i found are attached... so i think i can do the install my self... since its going to a simple plug and play. i also want to keep my ipod in the trunk. so it should not be that hard at all

here are the pic of the other wires i found.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harry madan
I have a 2006 Cayenne S --- the pic of the 2 other wires that i found are attached... so i think i can do the install my self... since its going to a simple plug and play. i also want to keep my ipod in the trunk. so it should not be that hard at all
YOU are in B'ness.. the long piece is the MOST light return connector.. you will replace that with mObridge supplied parts to add the unit. the other is the power connector for the CDC... be VERY careful.. I don't think mObridge has access to the female power connector.. so you will need to cut the connector off and then be sure you do NOT let the wires touch.. have some electrical tape ready while you're doing the install.. I shorted two fuses having the wires touch.. I didn't add the bypass switch.. but probably should have as my dealer knows of the non-Porsche installed equipment to the MOST ring.. thus them blaming PHC unavailable on this..

truly a hour at the most.. if you have everything handy and proper tools.. as little as 30 mins. and you're jamming to your iPod.. see my post where I bought a iPod case and some velcro and superglued it to the inside of the panel. If I can do it... it is EASY... rest assured..
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

YOU are in B'ness.. the long piece is the MOST light return connector.. you will replace that with mObridge supplied parts to add the unit. the other is the power connector for the CDC... be VERY careful.. I don't think mObridge has access to the female power connector.. so you will need to cut the connector off and then be sure you do NOT let the wires touch.. have some electrical tape ready while you're doing the install.. I shorted two fuses having the wires touch.. I didn't add the bypass switch.. but probably should have as my dealer knows of the non-Porsche installed equipment to the MOST ring.. thus them blaming PHC unavailable on this..

truly a hour at the most.. if you have everything handy and proper tools.. as little as 30 mins. and you're jamming to your iPod.. see my post where I bought a iPod case and some velcro and superglued it to the inside of the panel. If I can do it... it is EASY... rest assured..
I'll be doing the install as well. What is the red connector for?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Just a guess but i think its for the towing control unit
Old 11-27-2007, 05:04 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by Harry madan
I have a 2006 Cayenne S

and yes i do have the Bose Stereo. but no CD-changer.

i found 2 more connectors in the same spot. may be u guys recognize those connectors

the pic of the 2 other wires that i found are attached... so i think i can do the install my self... since its going to a simple plug and play. i also want to keep my ipod in the trunk. so it should not be that hard at all

here are the pic of the other wires i found.

Going routing in my trunk tonight. Were these hard to find? The power supply is visible to me but not the MOST connector.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Jukelemon
Racer

Mine is an 06 as well, no CDC. The wires were pushed behind the well. Both connectors has foam wrapping. Just stick your hand in there and you will feel them.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jukelemon
Just stick your hand in there and you will feel them.
Appropriate for other activities as well. Thank you for your help.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Harry madan
Intermediate

Sweet... thx for the infor... i cant wait to get all of this working
what bypass are u talking about? where should i get that from?
cutting the female connector is not a problem? its just simple power supply right? that is going to connect to the MObridge unit... with electrical tape?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Harry madan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alsamrob
Going routing in my trunk tonight. Were these hard to find? The power supply is visible to me but not the MOST connector.
ya mine was hidden way in the back along the rear fender all just move ur hand around in that position and u'll find them all there.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:38 PM
alsamrob
Instructor

Next question: After install, do you need to have the dealer program anything for the mObridge to work with the CDR23?

Quick Reply: iPod Interface (hardware/software) that works with PCM