Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission gear hunting? shifting from 5 to 2nd for no reason, fluid or mechanical?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
nealM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing I thought of, the tiptronic buttons / steering wheel cover were just replaced due to wear, perhaps something was installed incorrectly causing the buttons to think they are being depressed when they are not actually being touched?

It hasn't happened again this week - my appt is with the dealer tomorrow, hopefully they'll find something
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nealM
Another thing I thought of, the tiptronic buttons / steering wheel cover were just replaced due to wear, perhaps something was installed incorrectly causing the buttons to think they are being depressed when they are not actually being touched?

It hasn't happened again this week - my appt is with the dealer tomorrow, hopefully they'll find something
No
Old 10-17-2008, 01:14 PM
nealM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else experience this, it happened one more time - I doubt I can get the dealer to replicate it, it's happened maybe 3x in 3 months. They didn't find anything last time it was in.

Is it possible that when the transmission adaptations were reset by the dealer, something incorrect was done?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 PM
TopGun2000
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudman2
Aparently not, all the recomendations I have read from Porsche are that you only run in manual or risk the transmission, the engine or both.
hmm... i still can't find such info in the user manual.

Quick Reply: Transmission gear hunting? shifting from 5 to 2nd for no reason, fluid or mechanical?