Sponsored by:

Noob and a high mileage CT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I'm sorry, you're saying this after you called me a "dick" (I am taking the other one as a compliment)?
I was only calling the actions as I saw them. Present me with more evidence to the contrary and I will call that as I see it too.

If people aren't getting your sarcasm, then you need to work on the way you are presenting it. Not everyone here "knows" you. This is an open public forum where many may be lurking and not participating because of the actions they see from the active members.

I welcome the advice, direction and discussion.

Unfortunately the impression I have been getting is that some people bought their CTT to be elitist and not as an enthusiast. Some of these defensive comments I see seem to be to defend the "you can't afford it" elitist attitude.

The reality is that the Cayenne has depreciated far enough that some enthusiasts can now get a hold of them to play with. Sure, they may need to do some work. But this is where the real fun starts. Good old fashioned innovation starts to happen when a more gear headed crowd that is not afraid to get dirty starts to move in.

Some of the coolest cars didn't start to show their true potential until years after introduction and tinkering.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jplumlee
This is in NO WAY directed at every poster here,

BUT I will only say that I have to agree with Cole. I started searching for info on my 04 Cayenne S after I already owned it (lurked long before I posted). I picked it up with mileage in the low 50's with all maintenance records for around 22k. but, more often than not, I have been surprised and disappointed by the rigid and obtuse responses by some, anytime a poster asks a question about a issue or problem they are having (primarily with early models). It's almost like some are here to just ridicule posters with their supreme know it all attitude but do nothing to help a fellow Cayenne owner. I mean isn't that why this forum exists? to discuss these cars with like minded owners? But too often I see responses that amount to "YOU F**CKING IDIOT, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU BUY OF THESE COMPLETE PIECES OF ****? " I have to stop and make sure I'm not in the Yugo Owners Group or something. I know many times they're trying to be witty, funny, or amusing, but rarely are they helpful. I've read and searched these threads over and over trying to find answers BEFORE asking a question for fear of the smart *** responses that are sure to follow. I know I'm not making any friends with this post but I just think it's gone on for too long. Why can't we just talk about these things with out all the B.S.?
As time goes by, the survivors (guinea pigs, subjects of experiments, et. al.) of the alpha and beta years are slowly dying off, so perhaps the forum will become a bright, happy cheery place.
But, you have to admit, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
TopGun2000
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have to admit renntech is a much more peaceful place to go since Loren has been constantly put out fires. lol

by the way, i love my 04 ctt. i got it for less than 30k with 72k miles on its clock. it came with full service history.luckily the previous owner took care of the most common issues. i also enjoy working on it. lol
Old 02-20-2010, 02:28 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole
I was only calling the actions as I saw them. Present me with more evidence to the contrary and I will call that as I see it too.

If people aren't getting your sarcasm, then you need to work on the way you are presenting it. Not everyone here "knows" you. This is an open public forum where many may be lurking and not participating because of the actions they see from the active members.

I welcome the advice, direction and discussion.

Unfortunately the impression I have been getting is that some people bought their CTT to be elitist and not as an enthusiast. Some of these defensive comments I see seem to be to defend the "you can't afford it" elitist attitude.

The reality is that the Cayenne has depreciated far enough that some enthusiasts can now get a hold of them to play with. Sure, they may need to do some work. But this is where the real fun starts. Good old fashioned innovation starts to happen when a more gear headed crowd that is not afraid to get dirty starts to move in.

Some of the coolest cars didn't start to show their true potential until years after introduction and tinkering.
Cole, and why exactly do you care under what pretext people choose to buy their cars?
Old 02-20-2010, 02:41 PM
jplumlee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well actually...

I don't care if I'm supported or not. I simply expressed my opinion about the way SOME folks treat SOME post's and posters. This thread has been just another example of what I was trying to illustrate. YOU resort to calling me a ***** just because YOU think comments were directed at you? I don't even know you but your getting a little defensive for someone that doesn't take part in such activity. You've already shown your inability to read a thread and process the questions and/or statements so why should this be any different. I never said that NO ONE helps or that NO ONE cares. And I NEVER said that someone was called a F'ing Idiot. I hope your driving skills are better than your reading comprehension. BTW The Porsche Techs among other posters HAVE BEEN helpful. And they've done it without the (bad) sarcasm.

Flame away...

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
So all of a sudden, you decide to post now. Why? Because you feel you'll be supported? Not enough ***** to deal with this forum's "BS" without someone who'll back you up?

People here "do nothing to help a fellow Cayenne owner"? Have you gone through all of the pages in the "Post your repair/warranty list here" thread and still feel that people haven't contributed enough? How about all of the separate threads that again describe the problems listed in that repair thread? Still not enough? How about numerous replies from 2 Porsche techs who post in those threads? Still not good enough??? No one here has been called a "F-G Idiot", but let me be the first one to call you a F-G P*SSY
Old 02-20-2010, 03:38 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jplumlee
I don't care if I'm supported or not. I simply expressed my opinion about the way SOME folks treat SOME post's and posters. This thread has been just another example of what I was trying to illustrate. YOU resort to calling me a ***** just because YOU think comments were directed at you? I don't even know you but your getting a little defensive for someone that doesn't take part in such activity. You've already shown your inability to read a thread and process the questions and/or statements so why should this be any different. I never said that NO ONE helps or that NO ONE cares. And I NEVER said that someone was called a F'ing Idiot. I hope your driving skills are better than your reading comprehension. BTW The Porsche Techs among other posters HAVE BEEN helpful. And they've done it without the (bad) sarcasm.

Flame away...
Um, I called you a ***** because you decided to start your bitching only when you saw a supporter. Never before then. So much for your ability to read & process

And why don't you grow ***** and give names of those mysterious posters in the "SOME" category.

I drive like an old asian lady, btw. Does that answer your question?
Old 02-20-2010, 04:40 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Lot's of tighty whiteys
... there are indeed a lot of very knowledgeable people within this forum... from dealer technicians to members of the (dare I say..RIP) original design team member/s of some of the alfa & beta (03-04) Cayennes. And like any other communities within this or any other forum, there is a lot of history that produces a culture within that particular community.

The search feature is always a great option that is way under utilized.

... anyway for what it's worth... I'm sure Pops drives like an old Asian lady

FWIW... once you get to know Pops, I really don't believe you'll think of her as a dick... that is unless she had a recent pinadicktome procedure.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 791 Posts

I'm always out of town when this type of thread gets going... based on the number of pages, I originally thought this was another old thread resurrected!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:58 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
so perhaps the forum will become a bright, happy cheery place.
Not if there's more posts like the one about an '08 GTS PDCC failure

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
FWIW... once you get to know Pops, I really don't believe you'll think of her as a dick... that is unless she had a recent pinadicktome procedure.
Pops is happy to be thought of as a dick. But a "Cayenne God" ain't 1/2 bad either

Quick Reply: Noob and a high mileage CT