Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KESSY problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 11:48 AM
Ray Chow
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have the 1330 rear convenience system control fault. Where is this unit located? There are several in the backseats and rear bumper as indicated in the diagram. I appreciate your insight and help.

Ray
Old 04-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Ray Chow
3rd Gear

Default Kessy fault code 0179, 0180, 0181, 0183 and 1330

Originally Posted by bigbuzuki
Fault code 1330 relates to the Rear convenience system control unit.

The fact that you have all the other codes which relate to the Kessy antennas all appearing could be a result of a malfunction of the rear convenience system control unit circuit or the Kessy module / circuit.

It is unlikely that all those antennas have simultaneously failed.

I would be first checking the rear convenience unit circuit and reseating it’s electrical connector for starters.

If ok then you may have a faulty Kessy module / circuit.
Thanks for replying. The 1330 (No signal / communication) exist. Which convenient unit circuit would I need to check?
Old 04-29-2020, 01:05 PM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Easiest check would be to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnect.

Check for faults.

If no fix, you can go further and carry out the following:

Disconnect battery.

Reseat the electrical connector on the rear convenience unit which is located behind the access panel at the rear right cargo side.

Reseat the drivers identification unit electrical plug as a
ntennas also feed the Drivers Identification Control Unit which may also be at fault.

Reconnect the battery and check for faults.

Last edited by bigbuzuki; 04-29-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:24 PM
Dkone
5th Gear

Originally Posted by porsche52
Not a good idea, waste of time actually. But if you insist, the control unit is right above the accelerator pedal. Two connectors, one big, one small.

Its not a control unit. It is a black bit of plastic, thats it, no elctronics at all in the Dummy key. But, if you are able to start the car with the dummy key, then your interior antennas are ok.

On the kessy system, you have 3 interior antennas, and 6 exterior antennas. All four door handles have an antenna in them, and the rear bumper has two.
Do you have a new battery in the remote? The remote is not tucked away under your i-phone is it? You are not going to be able to diagnose the kessy system without a PIWIS tester, not gonna happen! So don't try.

Have you set your comfort settings via the instrument cluster. You should set all doors to unlock, you should also set for the car to flash and beep when locked, unlocked. If the vehicle will not retain its comfort settings, you will need a new rear comfort/doors control unit. They are junk and fail all the time. Dealer (or indy) will need to install this item too, as it requires the all mighty PIWIS tester to do it.

Can you or some one please tell me exactly where the 4 kessy antenna and 6 external antenna are placed?

Last edited by Dkone; 03-16-2022 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:27 PM
Dkone
5th Gear

Default Where exactly are the kessy antenna located?

Can some one please tell me exactly where the 4 kessy antenna and 6 external antenna are placed? I have a Porsche Cayenne 955 Turbo 2003 with keyless entry anf want to replace them.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:43 PM
Dkone
5th Gear

Originally Posted by mudman2
From what I know there is only 1 Kessy control unit under the dash but many Kessy antenna
Where exactly are the antenna A and B located?
Old 03-18-2022, 07:16 AM
cwheeler
Three Wheelin'

Received 372 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkone
Can some one please tell me exactly where the 4 kessy antenna and 6 external antenna are placed? I have a Porsche Cayenne 955 Turbo 2003 with keyless entry anf want to replace them.
A super quick google search tells you the answer.

Couple in the front, one at each door, couple in the rear.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:54 PM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Possible faulty resistors. See below link.

KESSY Module repair $5 fix
Old 04-08-2023, 07:39 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Key not found displayed on central display

Hi Everyone,

Have been doing some work to the 04 CTT. It's been up on a lift for several weeks. I have had a trickle charger on it.
So - the front bumper cover is off, have been doing some work on it. It's still off, I want to use a pressure washer to clean out some debris in the various radiators.
When I tried to start it, got a display - Key Not Found. I switched keys and it is the same for both? Is this a KESSY issue? Or maybe something else?

As usual, thanks to all the Cayenne Gurus!!
Old 04-08-2023, 07:59 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

DOH! ID-10-T (aka user error), remote needed a new battery.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:15 PM
johnswimer
2nd Gear

Many thanks and very useful. Wirth failures inside and outside the vehicle I am guessing I don't have an antenna problem, more likely a control unit. Off to the dealer to get PIWIS tested.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:35 PM
Pkcayenne
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi John if you can find a local trusted Porsche shop may save you some money, are your batteries like new
may just need the remotes repairing back to the cayenne.
do you have a reader to spread the errors a good one I used was an icartsoft for the cayenne with good success.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:39 PM
Pkcayenne
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of reading on this https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...ecognzied.html

I had same issue back then
Old 08-03-2023, 09:46 PM
Tron999
Intermediate

Hey all. I have done a lot of searching on the KESSY system, but can't find the exact answer to my question. I have a 2008 turbo. On all my door handles, I have to pull the exterior handle out before the car will unlock. The lock button on the door handle does work.

Is this a mosfet/resistor issue? Everything else seems to work. I ran durametric, and the KESSY module had no errors.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-2023, 01:32 PM
RealPolItiK
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess is it any wonder the door handles with proximity/touch sensors in them fail over time?

Look at how the wires make their way into the assembly right at the pivot point.

I had a brand new KESSY module installed two weeks ago on my ‘04 CTT. Only to discover three out of four handles do not respond to touch to unlock. You must pull. All four doors consistently lock when pressing the handle button, like yours @Tron999.

Another thing is happening. When arming the alarm, the hazards flash four times instead of their customary two.

I could be wrong but those handle sensor bars appear detachable/serviceable. Is there a solution other than buying complete handles and taking three doors completely apart to install/route the plug connection?

Are the four hazard flashes from having three bad door handles?

Originally Posted by Tron999
Hey all. I have done a lot of searching on the KESSY system, but can't find the exact answer to my question. I have a 2008 turbo. On all my door handles, I have to pull the exterior handle out before the car will unlock. The lock button on the door handle does work.

Is this a mosfet/resistor issue? Everything else seems to work. I ran durametric, and the KESSY module had no errors.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: KESSY problem