Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Positive Case Vent Hose Connection????

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
chily2008
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive Case Vent Hose Connection????

I am in the process of reassembling my 04 CTT engine after replacing the coolant pipes. I am having a hard time finding where one of the hoses connects. On my engine there is a small plastic hose that comes off the pipe pictured (the small hose is not pictured). It runs to the back of the engine along the passenger side fuel rail. I cannot find a connection for it and the debris on the end of that hose makes it seem that it was never hooked up.
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
porsche52
Board Certified Porsche Trauma Surgeon
Cayenne Grief Counselor
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

That hose is for the turbo charger sump vents. It is a "T" connection, they break all the time. If you look, you will see two rubber hoses that come up from the back of the engine join at the "T". With it broken you will see just a little yellow brittle nub of plastic. You will need a new crankcase vent line, or rig up some sort of "T" connection piece.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:06 PM
chily2008
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What symptoms would be present if that line was broke? It appears that it has been broke for a while. was able to find the connection with your description and rig something up using a McDonalds straw (just kidding).

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 PM
porsche52
Board Certified Porsche Trauma Surgeon
Cayenne Grief Counselor
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chily2008
What symptoms would be present if that line was broke? It appears that it has been broke for a while. was able to find the connection with your description and rig something up using a McDonalds straw (just kidding).

Thanks for your help.
You know, there is no real symptoms when the crankcase vent line for the turbo's breaks. Like I said they break all the time. No CEL, no rough running, nothing. It is a intake air leak, but it's small enough to not affect the fuel trim enough to set faults. Break the big section of the line, or leave the oil fill cap off and you will have a pissed off engine and a CEL light.

Quick Reply: Positive Case Vent Hose Connection????