Sponsored by:

Ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 06:11 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered!

Today I placed my order for 2011 Cayenne S, with an estimated delivery date in October based on the current build date allocation. In a "two-fer" move, I went to see the dealer with my father-in-law, who also ordered a somewhat similar '11 CS. Fun morning...

As many here know, I was also considering the 5.0 X5, but I tested the CS extensively today and loved it. It's miles ahead of our current Cayennes in terms of handling and performance. At first, I felt that it was a little too refined and missing the "rawness" and "connectedness" of the prior model. But, in sport mode, the thing totally comes alive, growls and feels down right wicked.

The interior is sweet, especially with the full leather...which is even nicer than in the prior model... The standard rubber dash and doors are much better than the elephant skin, but the smooth leather is really, really fantastic...It's the one option (along with NAV) I couldn't do without...

Spec'ing one out is a little more involved than in the past because of option "packaging" Porsche offers now. (This is NOT shown on the PCA configurator). You need to carefully consult the dealer guides with a good sales person, because the packages can save you a bundle. This is a first from Porsche I think. (I saved several thousand off my order and picked up a few nice things).

A couple quality issues I'm concerned about-- The grab handles on the door seem a little flimsy and loose...I can see these being a problem. Second, the door jams have the typical rubber gasket, but the one which runs along the bottom door sill is really exposed and large. I can see this taking a lot of wear as you enter and exit the car, and needing replacement. Beyond that, everything seemed of good quality and built to last.

One other thing-- The "engine hold" feature which turns off the engine at stoplights is really cool and seems to work perfectly. For city drivers, I imagne this will save a lot of fuel...But, I wonder about wear and tear on the ignition/starter and whether using it a lot is asking for trouble...

Now, on to the order-- The major things I opted for were as follows:

* Cayenne S
* Jet Black Metalic
* Black Full Leather
* 8 way power seats
* '18 inch Cayenne S III wheel (considering switching to '19 design II wheel...$1,900 upgrade).
* Painted center caps
* PCM
* NAV
* Bose
* XM SAT radio
* Voice control
* Panoroof
* Multi-function steering wheel in leather
* Alu roof rails and carrying system
* Heated Seats
* Crest in Headrests (front and rear)
* Auto dimming mirror
* Xenons

I'm really excited about the car. I'll have a few issues to finalize in regard to my trade-in and the Porsche financing options available at the time the car comes in (dealer could only lock in financing for 30 days)...but if these two issues go as expected, I should be good to go when it gets delivered in October (or thereabouts).

BTW-- Many thanks to Alfie at IRA for spending many hours sorting through the order with me. Not the easiest thing to do given that many of these options are "yet to be seen." Alfie is very service oriented, patient and a pleasure to work with...

P.S. I also test drove the turbo, which is just plain sick...If I "find" an extra $20 somewhere between now and the time the build starts I may go for it. Gulp! but if not, the CS in sports mode is easily wicked enough.

Last edited by rome; 06-26-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added Xenons
Old 06-26-2010, 06:50 PM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Is that IRA in MA?

Ugh, they suck big time imo
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

You already know that I think it is absolutely marvelous, and we've put over 800 miles on it in a week.

Good pointers for all (from you).... I bought a launch car while waiting for my Turbo, but I think in the US, and with the intensified "highway robbery" that is occurring at the hands of law(less) enforcers, the Turbo may be overkill and "frustrating" to own.

I notice you excluded PASM, Xenons, PDCC and PVT and the Tow package.... (choice is good, so long as there is no oversight)
Old 06-26-2010, 06:58 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Oh yes...I did order Xenons!...they are a must...

However, I did not order the other things you mentioned...Don;t have those opts on mine now and the new one in amazing as is...not planning on testing laws (lol) or physics or towing...
Old 06-26-2010, 07:02 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did someone say X5?

First of all, congratulations! Second of all, since you & I are running pretty much same # of miles (I'm around 112.5), what's your dealer offering as trade-in?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Did someone say X5?

First of all, congratulations! Second of all, since you & I are running pretty much same # of miles (I'm around 112.5), what's your dealer offering as trade-in?
I'll PM you because not sure if he wants me to disclose.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice, enjoy!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:06 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Can't wait to see the pics in Oct. Good luck Rome. Much better choice that the X5.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:46 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The pano roof has always been a luxury I really find that puts the porsche up on top.....sounds real nice.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats! I drove today as well. Can't decide between the s and the turbo. would love the turbo, but the s suits me just fine. I just want to wait to see the ice blue metallic and then order, but I am with you, jetblack on black!
Old 06-27-2010, 02:56 AM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats. I'm also getting a 2011 CS. I'm getting an incoming one which should be here in 1-2 weeks. Mine has:

Meteor gray
Blk interior
19" Cayenne turbo wheels
Anthracite birch interior
XM Radio
Comfort Package
Heated Anthr Birch steering wheel
Heated seats
Bose
PCM
Park assist
Xenon

Just wish it had full leather. Can't wait.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:00 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Regarding the option packages I mentioned above, those ordering should consider the following:

[I ordered the Bose Package and the Conveneince Package; Included all the things I wanted except auto dimming mirrors and the 6 disk CD changer (neither of which I would have ordered separately), so in addition to some $ off what all these opts would have otherwise cost on an a la carte basis, I'll be getting those things essentially as freebies]]

Bose Audio Package
Bose Surround Sound System
CD/DVD Changer
XM Satellite Radio
$2,160 MSRP separately $3,090

Convenience Package
Bi-Xenon Headlights incl PDLS
Front Seat Heating
Auto Dimming Mirrors
PCM incl Navigation Module
$4,520 MSRP separately $ 6,450

Premium Package ( includes convenience package )
PASM
14-way Power Seats with memory package
Park Assist front and rear
Steering Wheel Heating
$7,790 MSRP separately $11,120

Premium Package Plus ( includes premium package )
Air Suspension
Lane Change Assist
Rearview Camera
Power Rear Side Sunscreen
Light Comfort Package
Seat Heating front and rear
Seat Ventilation front
$11,650 MSRP separately $16,640
Old 06-27-2010, 03:31 PM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Originally Posted by rome
Today I placed my order for 2011 Cayenne S, with an estimated delivery date in October based on the current build date allocation. In a "two-fer" move, I went to see the dealer with my father-in-law, who also ordered a somewhat similar '11 CS. Fun morning...
Curious what the price is for the pano roof?

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:10 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sid_vicious
Curious what the price is for the pano roof?

Thanks.

It's $660 (much cheaper than it used to be, but also opens only partially).

However, if you order it in combo with the roof rails/tansport system, the price of the rails comes down by about $300 because you don't get the 3 drip rails which would otherwise be pasted on top of the roof...So effectively, the panorook cost $360 in conjunction with the roof rail/transport set up.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:35 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Rome Can't wait to get your comments and pics once you've taken delivery.

Quick Reply: Ordered!