Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Cayenne Turbo Know Problems / Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
SnakeBitten
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2011s don't have a transfer case, so it's definitely something different.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
ozr
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
The 2011s don't have a transfer case, so it's definitely something different.
...they do, it's just a little different, simplified version...

OZRacing
Old 10-15-2010, 07:58 PM
jbriddon
3rd Gear

Wink 2011 C TT

Had my 2011 for 2 weeks, and went to garage to start it, -- Nothing !!!
Couldn't open doors, when I did manage dead as a door nail, engine wouldnt turn, couldnt get out of gear. porsche sent tow truck, driver didnt know how to get out of gear, called local porsche dealership and they didn't know either !! Eventually PCNA managed to get info to driver.
At shop for 5 days, couldnt find anything wrong !! Of course, no issues since, except for eating oil, 2 quarts so far at 3000 miles.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:45 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbriddon
Had my 2011 for 2 weeks, and went to garage to start it, -- Nothing !!!
Couldn't open doors, when I did manage dead as a door nail, engine wouldnt turn, couldnt get out of gear. porsche sent tow truck, driver didnt know how to get out of gear, called local porsche dealership and they didn't know either !! Eventually PCNA managed to get info to driver.
At shop for 5 days, couldnt find anything wrong !! Of course, no issues since, except for eating oil, 2 quarts so far at 3000 miles.
My other modern Porsches drained batteries like crazy. I'll bet the CTT does too.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Alichtenberg
Intermediate

Took my Cayenne in last Thursday for inspection. They found nothing wrong with it except for the CD player, so I am glad about that. It will probably be there for a few days since they need to replace the whole PCM module. So till it gets back I will be driving my Father's 2010 RR Autobiography (and possibly getting it a bit dirty ).
Old 10-19-2010, 07:45 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pardon me, would you pass the Grey Poupon?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:29 AM
thrashx
Intermediate

I'm having issues come up with the key remote. Sometimes it takes a few clicks to unlock doors. This evening the drivers door would not unlock at all. Pressing the remote button would make the door led light up but the door would not unlock. I got in from passenger side and oddly enough on my next stop the remote and door worked fine. Annoying.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 AM
venzo66
1st Gear

Hello guys, I got the new 2011 Cayenne turbo and yesterday on the dash bord a mistake comes up "Reduced Power Engine" in red light and my car stopped on the road. So I send it to the dealer to check it but they did not finish their job yet. So I decide to ask if somebody knows about this mistake? Thank you!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by venzo66
Hello guys, I got the new 2011 Cayenne turbo and yesterday on the dash bord a mistake comes up "Reduced Power Engine" in red light and my car stopped on the road. So I send it to the dealer to check it but they did not finish their job yet. So I decide to ask if somebody knows about this mistake? Thank you!
Yes, known problem with the 1st productions. DME replacement to solve the issue in most situations.

As for the brakes, call the dealership and ask them.All Cayenne with 18" discs, built before the 1st of November 2010 are eligible for an "update", so basically new discs & pads.

As for oil consumption issues :
The first customer prejudice to overcome is the perception that well-made engines consume no oil. Thirty years ago, aging engines with worn rings and valve guides started up with a puff of blue smoke, and consumed oil by the gallon – leading to the perception that an engine's newness and precision were directly comparable to the rate of oil consumption. The old-time mechanic's highest praise of a new engine was "she didn't burn a drop of oil in 10,000 miles”.

Remember, however, that a Seventies engine was most probably a low-revving behemoth filled with molasses-thick petroleum-based oils, being pumped at modest oil pressure, with much of the lubrication distribution occurring through simple splashing. Today, engines are higher-revving and harder-working, with higher-pressure oil circuits and a much more challenging job to do. Synthetic oil is also vastly more "slippery" and yet also more "clingy" than the oils of thirty years ago. Result? Modern high performance engines are designed to consume a calculated amount of oil, from passage through seals and metal interstices, and as the oil film clings to cylinder walls and other surfaces.

To resume the oil basics: In a modern, high-performance engine using synthetic oil, actual oil consumption depends to a degree on driving habits and style. It is in fact normal for a Porsche engine to consume oil, with the rate of consumption dependent upon the viscosity of the oil, the speeds at which the engine is operated, the climate, road conditions — in short, all of the factors that influence dilution and oxidation of the lubricant.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Guys,

You better get used to the noisy wipers. I have owned Cayennes since 2004 and wipers are always noisy. New ones will be good for just a little while.

Don't ask me about noisy brakes...it is worse than the wipers.
22k miles and I've had noisy brakes since day one. I did get new brakes few thousand miles ago & it's a very odd feeling... driving and not hearing any noise

Wipers have been ok. So far.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne Turbo Know Problems / Issues