Sponsored by:

Cayenne Turbo Spec'd - Comments Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Turbo Spec'd - Comments Please

I am spec'ing an 11 Turbo with the following specs and would love some feedback. Anything that is a must have? Anything I should do without.

21" 911 TURBO II WHEEL (CZ4)
6-DISC CD/DVD CHANGER (7D7)
ANTHRACITE BIRCH HEATED 3-SPOKE MULTI-FUNCT
ANTHRACITE BIRCH INTERIOR PKG (PH6)
FRONT/REAR STAINLESS STEEL SKID PLATE (2JX)
LANE CHANGE ASSIST (LCA) (7Y1)
LIGHT COMFORT PKG W/DRIVER MEMORY PKG (PP6
PANORAMIC ROOF SYSTEM (3FU)
PORSCHE CREST IN FRONT HEADRESTS (3J7)
TELEPHONE MODULE (9W1)
JET BLACK EXTERIOR
UMBER/LIGHT TARTUFO, BICOLOR LEATHER SEAT
Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 PM
copasetic222
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Lots of nice options. Obvious question...why no PDCC or PTV Plus? Don't know about the PTV because it is new, but te PDCC makes a huge difference in the handling.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:10 PM
gaurang
Instructor

My thinking is that I am sure the handling is more than sufficient and exhilerating without both options. And they won't tremendously enhance the resale value later on in the life of the car.

What do you guys think of the antrhacite wood interior with the interior colors I have chosen? I would really rather get the Natural Olive Wood, but I can get wood interior trim AND wood streering wheel for 1/2 of the Natural olive package alone.

Comments are very much appreciated!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Roof rails?

Can use roof transport system later...Rails can't be fitted aftermarket.... Plus, if you're getting pano roof, roof rail system is $300 off...

Not sure about the color combo with the anthracite...
Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by gaurang
My thinking is that I am sure the handling is more than sufficient and exhilerating without both options. And they won't tremendously enhance the resale value later on in the life of the car.

What do you guys think of the antrhacite wood interior with the interior colors I have chosen? I would really rather get the Natural Olive Wood, but I can get wood interior trim AND wood streering wheel for 1/2 of the Natural olive package alone.

Comments are very much appreciated!
+1 to your PTV and PDDC comment - I have a new TT 997 with PTV and you have to be pushing her pretty hard to have PTV make a statement. 21" wheels are key. I agree with the earlier poster's comment on the rails - and with the aluminum plates front and rear makes a nice touch (I ordered all of these). Not crazy about wood in a Turbo - just me. Add the crests to the rear seat as well as the front - zips up what is a pretty bland back seat in my opinion. CD changer and LAC along with colour is pretty subjective. All in all - nice truck.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:49 AM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Agree with copasedic on the PDCC. It makes an enormous difference on and off-road. Even with 18" Pirelli ATR's the handling is ridiculous for a 5000lb truck.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:27 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Gaurang: Do you live in a cold weather town or hot weather area. I am asking to suggest heated steering wheel vs ventilated seats. I dont think the natural olive would suit the umber/light tartufo which is a beautiful color combo. I would add rear seat airbags, roof rails (since you cannot add this later on like Rome had mentioned). Absence of PCM navigation module with universal audio interface will affect resale. What about the 8-way Adaptive Sports Seats with Memory Package ? You may love it or loathe it depending on your body frame. I saw that you omitted the tow package and auto start stop function. I hope this is not due to oversight.

Going by all reviews, my speculation is that the PDCC is what makes the Cayenne the best handling SUV with negligible body roll and the PTV option contributes to the agile on-road driving dynamics. I would not order a turbo without those two performance upgrades but it is your money. I am ordering a CS for my wife with PDCC/PTV but doubt she will ever tap the potential.

BTW, have you thought about becoming a RL member to support this nice forum ?

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 09-14-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 PM
gaurang
Instructor

W00 - I think many of the options you mentioned (heated steering, PCM, Adaptive Seats) are standard on the Turbo.

Any other thoughts on the umber/light tartufo/anthracite birch?
Old 09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

the wood steering wheel negates the heated wheel.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Oops you are very correct. I have been playing with the configurator for the Cayenne S for quite sometime (ordering one for my wifey) hence I did not get my mind into the TT mode. I really think the umber/tartufo would be amazing. For the birch: I think it will look good. But can't be totally sure on that.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:35 PM
copasetic222
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
the wood steering wheel negates the heated wheel.
Not on the 2011's
Old 01-30-2011, 04:00 AM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Gaurang,

Was wondering if your Cayenne has been delivered yet? Can't find any owner picture of the Umber/Tartufo interior so you are likely to be the first one!
thx v much
Old 01-30-2011, 08:02 PM
jtpsocal
Instructor

PDCC is a must....otherwise you'll feel like your driving a Range Rover. Oh and if you can swing it....PCCB
Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Originally Posted by cpd1
Hi Gaurang,

Was wondering if your Cayenne has been delivered yet? Can't find any owner picture of the Umber/Tartufo interior so you are likely to be the first one!
thx v much
Acutually i changed to Espresso / Cognac but i have not received my car yet. It is on the boat and i expect later in Feb.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:17 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Originally Posted by jtpsocal
PDCC is a must....otherwise you'll feel like your driving a Range Rover. Oh and if you can swing it....PCCB
That is exaggerating a bit. I had a Cayenne S and currently have a Range Rover and they handling and stability of the RR can not be compared to the Cayenne, let alone with PTV and PASM

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo Spec'd - Comments Please