Sponsored by:

Screaming Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Has anybody tried cross-drilled rotors? A similar problem on another forum went away by swapping solid rotors for the perforated ones.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:54 PM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Little Green
Talked to our brake buyer(I am a director at one of the big automotive parts and service stores). We worked with the owner of EBC in England and he is creating a set of pads with a new compound. He happens to own a 2010 CTT and hated the brakes on his so he sent his engineers to work. Should be here in the next 2 weeks as they are custome made. Will let you know how they work.
Caesar
Thanks. Will look forward to your report.

My problem is not just the noise when stopping, it is also the noise when leaving a stop. The dealer says it is dust and uses air on the wheels but it is back by the end of the day. It is apparently a 'feature' of some of these cars and it is just plain annoying as hell.

--Bob / 04 CS
Old 12-26-2010, 10:31 PM
pokerjarvis
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem, following a front-end brake job. I went with HAWK ceramic (dust free) pads and TRI-Net rotors (slotted and cross-drilled). Apparently, not a good combo if you like quiet brakes. I got the same 'advice' from the mechanic; power wash and self-deglazing. It made zero difference. I later tried some other product (called Brake Quiet, I believe) which also failed. Ultimately, I dumped the ceramic pads and went with original equipment. I still get an occasional squeal/squeak but it's much improved. Frustrating issue, I know.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:45 AM
quattrotman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy E.
Has anybody tried cross-drilled rotors? A similar problem on another forum went away by swapping solid rotors for the perforated ones.
I would stay away from anything other than oem brakes if your main concern is squealing. I have had x drilled rotors and fancy pads and other than them looking cool, they were more trouble than they were worth. Great for performance and track but not for everyday. I said this before too...break them in properly and u will not have an issue but once they get cooked and start squealing, nothing will fix it for good...chance them out for new pads.

Quick Reply: Screaming Brakes