Sponsored by:

Good Price on '04 CT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 01:19 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Price on '04 CT?

I found a 2004 Cayenne Turbo. It is in really nice shaoe with 22000 miles. It has a decent amount of options (four zone climate, heated seats all around, soft-look leather are the big ones). Of ocurse it also looks like a 22k mile car and only has a few very minor scratches. It is Titanium metallic with a two-tone gray/dark gray interior. The wheels are 18' (if it would have had sport technos I would have been in love with the car).

On the down side, it has Pirelli Winter Tires (so needs tires for summer which is coming up).

The Porsche dealer is asking $36k for the car but said they are willing to negotiate. What is most important to me in negotiating would not be the price (well I guess it would be price related) but would want the car to have updated coolant tubes installed, newest navi software, and of course CPO.

I know the beta models can be troublesome and was looking at an 05-06 but finding one with low miles (especially this low) is hard at any bit of a decent price (the ones I have seen in mid-high 30s have 5060k miles) and then I want either Lapis Blue or Titanium Metallic. No other colors. I worry a little about an '04.

I drove the car. I will say that 450hp (with turbos to make altitude loss much less worse) was definately faster than my Grand Cherokee with a hemi.

If I can get the dealer to update coolant pipes/navi software/CPO for $36k is this a good buy for an '04 with 22k miles?

TIA
-Dana
Old 04-04-2011, 05:22 AM
echerbst
Intermediate

Something with that low mileage and service history is worth around $35k if they throw in a CPO. 50-70k mile cars sell for $20-25 at auctions depending on clean they are. I have seen low milage cars, around 30k go for low $30's. So you are right where the market is at that price. And more importantly if its a color and options you want buy it becuase u will never find one with that low miles again. Very rare now. I just picked up a 06 Turbo S, with 99k miles for 28k. It is absolutly perfect.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:21 AM
bbcoach51
Intermediate

That sounds pretty good but do get the CPO and insist they change the coolant pipes and coils. When the coolant pipes are changed insist they change a plastic Tee that is between the block and firewall. This $10.00 plastic part went out on mine well after the Coolant pipes were changed and the CPO expired. I did the work myself and it involves removing the manifold etc the same as doing the coolant pipes. I have an 04 Turbo that I purchase for $27,000 with 67,000 miles two years ago. Good luck

Quick Reply: Good Price on '04 CT?