Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorized front plate?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 11:51 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My only concern is that this would **** off any LEO that pulls you over for a missing front plate. I would think it's fairly obvious that the plate is attached to some sort of Gizmo.

I still want one, though!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 AM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i installed one on a customers Audi a while back. pretty straightforward install. It was pretty cool. nothing too fancy, bordering on cheesy. IIRC it had a little remote, not a dash switch. No legality issues. NYS says you need a visible front plate. nothing about how its attached to the vehicle. i can only think that when the pd bangs a u turn to pull you over, you might have a chance to get away with it. if he finds its retractable and realizes that he did see your car without a front plate he can still issue the ticket . Me, I'd laugh, but i'd never pull you over in the first place. I hate plates on the front of nice cars. now on that bucket o' junk altima, thats another story.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 AM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post. I have been looking for this solution to god-awful front plates. Here in Portland, the meater maids ticket for no plates while you're parked...$58.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCOTITUDE
i installed one on a customers Audi a while back. pretty straightforward install. It was pretty cool. nothing too fancy, bordering on cheesy. IIRC it had a little remote, not a dash switch. No legality issues. NYS says you need a visible front plate. nothing about how its attached to the vehicle. i can only think that when the pd bangs a u turn to pull you over, you might have a chance to get away with it. if he finds its retractable and realizes that he did see your car without a front plate he can still issue the ticket . Me, I'd laugh, but i'd never pull you over in the first place. I hate plates on the front of nice cars. now on that bucket o' junk altima, thats another story.
What is the range like on the remote? Does it show a light when the plate is up or is it your guess if it functioned?

BTW Cole, we have about 40 license plates to chose from, there has got to be one that looks good on the CTT
Old 11-29-2011, 08:32 PM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

i didnt test the range, worked from around the car. how far ya need it to work? no light, two button remote, one up, one down.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SCOTITUDE
Are you an LEO on LI?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 AM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

I guess you can say p!g had a double meaning for me.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:48 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, you said it. I didn't (I thought it ).

Oh, I have so many questions for you. Can we start "Ask a cop" thread here, pretty please?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:19 PM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

ask away but no " I got this ticket but didnt deserve it" crap.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Mamut79
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody has a website for this gizmo?

Quick Reply: Motorized front plate?