Sponsored by:

Tire Help Needed - color me pissed

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:01 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Mine are 20"s. I don't have any noise issues with them at all. Of course it may be the exhaust or the radio but I don't think so.

I do get vibration issues at 75 - 80 mph sometimes but I suspect that may be because the P!g does sit for extended periods. I've also heard that the P!g has vibration issues with all 20" tires (don't know how true that is). I have absolutely no issues at lower speeds. Of course, I don't rotate/balance like I should either, I think I've averaged 10k mi. between rotations.

Overall I'm exceedingly pleased with the Yoko's. Tire wear has been outstanding esp. when you consider what some were getting on their P!gs (on other tires).

Of course Dennis has and recommends the Conti DWS (??) and from what I've read I would seriously consider those too.

I'll have to remember to check the tread depth and the mileage I have on these things this weekend.

Update: Just checked my records, I don't have as many miles as I thought I had on these tires. Installed right at 47K mi. and I now have 64k mi. so still under 20k on the tires. There is still a great deal of tread left though. I will check with a gauge tomorrow.
Thanks Guys for the responses on the tire. Decided to go with the Yokos since they are available. What a great price on TR too! Can't beat that. It'll be nice to get these noisy Hankooks off.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't drive my CTT as much as I should. But this last summer I wore out a set of the Pirellis. (forget which model they were). They were "okay" 285/35/22.

They were the tires used in the autocross below, you can hear them singing. They were a bit more slippery than I would have liked. But I still beat 27 of the 49 "proper Porsches" that were there that day.

I replaced them with the BFG KDW 2. No idea on longevity yet. No idea if they will get noisy over time. What I can tell you is they STICK way way better than the Pirellis....and look cooler FWIW.

Quick Reply: Tire Help Needed - color me pissed