Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Turbo 04 doesnt shift when warm and engine stop running

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 AM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please go to this link http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/index3_eng.php and select item 298 part 1. Although this is for the Touareg apparently the Dual Battery systems if not identical are very similar. The text here explains all of your symptoms.... and yes you have a battery problem!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i will check when i have time. i go to the airport now. barcelona supercup official test
Old 05-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello here what I found and wrote to a friend

hello
finaly i can reproduce the error!

After the engine was running for 1 hour the batt voltage went from 13.9v gradually to 12.4 volt within 1 min. at 12.2 volt the engine stoped running.
i saw that the voltage on the potentiometer for the throttle body didnt moved any more as before..
so i think your tech is right??? when the engine is warm. the voltage goes from 13.9 to 12.2 and the throttle body dont work any more.
I noticed also the idle drops from 580 rpm to 400 rpm! before teh engine goes off.

OR maybe the trottle body dont work ok because the voltage is to low?

anyway Why the voltage goes to low? I just installed a brand new alternator just because of this problem. So it cant be the alternator. is there something electrical control unit in cayenne which makes problem to charge the bateries while the engine is running. this hapens only when the engine is realy warm.
when cold all is ok..
so either i have low voltage so the throttle body dont work ok because of this.OR
The throtlle body cause the voltage to goes low! maybe short circuit when throttle body is warm cause the batteries problems?
The Batterie is also new.
also made a video of this. I try to sent it to you so your tech knows what I mean

Thanks

realy funny. my very little free time spent to fix my cayenne!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would test all the wiring from the alternator. I think it's much more likely that low voltage is causing your throttle body to stop working.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo 04 doesnt shift when warm and engine stop running