Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:02 AM
peterc2609
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One or two niggly issues

Hi,

I'm in the UK and have 2004 Cayenne S.

Ive had it for about 6 weeks and love it, however I have a few little issues.

One of my screen washer jets doesn't spray on the screen... in other cars, it has been adjustable by using a pin... but the Porsche one looks different. When I spray it doesn't fan out on the left like it does on the right, its just a straight squirt.

Secondly, on the same side, my wiper blade when at rest doesnt sit flat against the screen... therefore when it moves it misses part of the lower windscreen.

Steering wheel controls... If I want to move through radio stations as per the memory how do I set it to that? At the moment when I use the controls on wheel it goes up in frequency... ie 100.1. 100.2. 100.3 etc rather tham MEM 1, MEM 2, MEM 3...

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Orantes
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you're enjoying your new aquistion!

The radio steering wheel frequency control issue is annoying. I would also like to know if there's a solution, but unfortunately I doubt there is anything that can be done. I'd be happy to be told otherwise though!

May all your issues be small ones! Post up a photo of your Pepper....everyone loves a pic!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Peter, welcome to the P!G pen.

The washer jet problem that you're experiencing may stem from a blocked hose or jet. The washer pump delivers fluid thru a single hose which "Y's" out inside the hood cavity into two separate hoses feeding each individual jet. Unplug the driver's side hose from the back of the jet and have a 2nd person operate the washer from inside the vehicle. If pump pressure is good and fluid flows freely, then the problem lies with the jet itself. You can try to remove the jet and blow some compressed air from both the nozzle and the connection ends to unblock any trapped debris. If this doesn't solve your problem, you may have to replace the jet ***'y.

The driver's side wiper arm angle is adjustable. Look carefully at the base of the windscreen for printed marks or lines. If your windscreen is an OEM unit, they should be there. These are alignment tracks that enable you to align your wiper arm. Sufficiently wet the windscreen with water and operate your wipers until they are in the parked position. Ensure that there is no unreleased tension or backlash on the wiper arm. Note the location of the printed marks and adjust the arm accordingly. You may require a wiper arm removal tool to remove the arm base from the socket. Do not force or bend the arm otherwise you will later experience a phenomenon that relates to an elephant and it's backside. Long story....
Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Edward 96 Viper GTS
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

steering wheel radio memory?
ed

Quick Reply: One or two niggly issues