Sponsored by:

Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:49 AM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts

My insurance company thankfully totaled all three of my damaged cars: The 88SL that I purchased new just suffered some soot damage ... so I'm glad that made it.

I had removed both of the headlights on the 06 S to replace the cornering bulbs -- so they were not with the car when it went up. Porsche had replaced both of them about two years ago under warranty when they could not fix the flickering.

So I have two perfect headlight units -- what I'm a little confused about ....... is the ballast in the headlight unit or is it separate from the housing? These are HID. I see people selling the ballast separately?

I also have a set of winters. Normal Porsche set. I was going to use the rubber for another year as we don't get that much snow.

Anyone need a set? -- They are at my NJ office .. can't be worth much -- the rims are in good shape.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Might be interteted in the snows/wheels? Size? details?

Thanks!
Marc
Old 09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marc -- I purchased the set from Porsche I think four seasons ago -- I did not install them last year .. as you know .. no snow! I'm away at the moment -- but memory is that the 06 S came with 18" tires as standard and the snows are one size smaller -- came with Dunlop winters. No center caps -- should have removed them .. car will be gone by the time I get back so I can't grab them -- and they had the crests. I have not looked at the wheels for a while -- but I don't remember any major curb rash ... I'm sure they have a spot or two. I think the rims may be the style that came on the V6 at that time.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The ballasts (headlight control units), are the metal boxes attached to the bottoms of the headlight housings.

Quick Reply: Parts