Sponsored by:

Rear Driver's side door not locking

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:21 PM
ucsherriff
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Driver's side door not locking

Today I've noticed after driving my '04 Cayenne S that the driver's side rear door is not locking. All the other doors lock. It doesn't indicate on the instrument cluster that the door is open.
If anybody can tell me it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:39 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just noticed my rear passenger door is not locking. All other doors lock with remote. I can just pull the rear passenger door open. Does anyone know what might be the issue?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:29 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Giving this a bump. Hoping somebody has had to address rear door locks. There doesnt seem to be a lot of chatter on the forums about it.. so perhaps its a rare issue.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:49 PM
CaptJim
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that is the key lockout system designed by Porsche Engineers... JK

What happens if you sit in the car and lock the doors, does the acuter work? Does the door lock at all. Are you saying that this only happens when you use the remote?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:57 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Good question Capn. Will check and report back.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

OK. I had my wife stand outside and i locked the door from the inside with lock switch on the door. It locked.

So next I tried opening my door and then pressing the lock button on the door and then getting out and turning the key in the door to arm the alarm. No dice. Somehow arming the alarm unlocks that door.
Even though it can be locked when the key is in the ignition.. when i use the remote or turn the key in the drivers door.. to "lock" the car and arm the alarm you can now open that door.

There is no combo that will let me have that door locked with the alarm on and me outside the car. However, the lock still works as evidenced by it locking while the car is on.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was experiencing the same problem about 6 months ago. Dealer replaced the door latch assembly and it's been OK ever since.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Borntovin
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waking up the dead thread here, I am experiencing same behavior as above. Is there any other DYI repair that could fix this issue?
Old 10-26-2014, 12:04 AM
loxner

I have a somewhat similar issue on my 08. The driver's door will occasionally not power-unlock, neither with the key fob nor with the interior switch. It locks fine, but won't unlock. Then, the next day, it will randomly start working fine again.

If you happen to find what the issue is, I'd be curious to know - might solve my problem too.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Borntovin
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is resolved now but I don't know how , I noticed this behavior when my battery was weak. I don't understand why all three doors were working except the rear passenger side door. I found a small opening above the child lock and behind the rubber tubing of the door, there was a red plastic tab and I pushed it around. It is under a rubber seal with a lock sign. I think it was some emergency unlock switch. I was able lock the door manually.

After changing battery I don't see the problem anymore. So I don't know if the new battery fixed or moving the plastic tab fixed it.

But try it out and let us know if one of these steps have helped your situation.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:27 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

My problem also went away... having nothing to do with the battery.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Farmer Michael
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the same problem on my 03 S. RH rear door can be locked only using the manual locking tab behind the door, but it will unlock with the remote as normal. Any ideas other than takin it to the dealer or saying a little prayer for it?

Michael
Old 12-18-2015, 02:14 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

My door was locking all summer but since it's gotten cold it stopped locking again. I find that curious.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Tandridge
1st Gear

Default Rear Passenger Door

I only got my 2003 Cayenne S in a private sale but the car is in great condition but was SORN (off road) for 5 months as the owner sadly died. The only problem on the car is the rear passenger door that will not lock. I have tried just about everything I can think of, including using the key to lock the drivers door. I really don't want to take this to a garage if I can help it! The car battery was totally flat and was only replaced last week, so I presume the car was left flat for some time. I had a mechanic check the car before I purchased and he gave A1 and cleared some junk from the engine management system and re-ran diagnostics which were totally clear. I never thought to check the rear doors locked!!! Any ideas? Many thanks
Old 03-21-2017, 01:52 AM
Luzzo
2nd Gear

Don’t know if this applies to the 2003.
My Cayenne 92A Back Door would not Not Unlocking – SOLVED
My rear back door would not un-lock with the remote. It would lock fine.

There are 4 fuses that control central locking and unlocking, 1 fuse for each door. All 4 fuses are called CENTRAL LOCKING CONTROL UNIT/POWER WINDOWS”

Pull ALL 4 fuses out at the same time, leave them out for 5 mins and put all 4 back in. All my door ops then returned to normal.

In the 92A
2 fuses are LH side of dash #16 and #30.
2 fuses are RH side of dash #9 and #11

Quick Reply: Rear Driver's side door not locking