Sponsored by:

1st post... Help with decision

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Hessian
Okay, I think I found one. It's a ways away (up in NY) however it's a one owner 2004 Cayenne Turbo with all books and maint recpts and has both key fobs. Has 49k on it now. Asking price is 28k so it's within the budget.... Originally bought at the Beverly Hills CA Porsche dealer, it was always maintained at the dealer and has since relocated to NY where it was also serviced at the dealer. I'm a bit concerned about buying an 04 model but this example only averaged 5k per year and judging from the provided photos appears to be superbly maintained... I talked to the dealer today and he was able to really go over the vehicle with me. They deal primarily in higher end cars and he seemed knowledgeable. In any event, I plan on calling the Porsche dealer there to see if they will release any of the previous service details about the vehicle. Fingers crossed...

Here is a partial listing of what's been done/intervals. How does this look to you veteran Cayenne owners?

CARFAX

As always thanks for the help/advice.
same price point... http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...est-955-a.html

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...nne-turbo.html
Old 12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Hessian
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THanks for the links!

I called the local Porsche dealer in NY and they can't get it in for a PPI till next Thurs. So, I guess I'll keep looking until I can get it in. Hopefully someone doesnt move on it before then..

If the common stuff has been done (coolant pipes, drivetrain and coils) I think I'm going to roll the dice. With only 49k it's got to have qutie a few miles left in her....
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Hessian
Intermediate

PS--- Is there a way to tell by the VIN if it's a early or late production Cayenne?
Old 12-21-2012, 06:01 PM
bigfoot68
AutoX

I don't think the VIN will tell you, but just ask someone at the dealer to open the drivers door and tell you the build date.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:07 PM
58twincam
AutoX

Semper Fi. Just traded an 06 titanium with 54k in Allentown PA. Serial # ended with 758. Is it the same one? Mine was completely trouble free until the coils started to go a few months ago.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:10 AM
mchi55
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hessian
THanks for the links!

I called the local Porsche dealer in NY and they can't get it in for a PPI till next Thurs. So, I guess I'll keep looking until I can get it in. Hopefully someone doesnt move on it before then..

If the common stuff has been done (coolant pipes, drivetrain and coils) I think I'm going to roll the dice. With only 49k it's got to have qutie a few miles left in her....
If you're really interested, see if the dealer will let you put a deposit down to hold the car. I did with my Maserati I just bought a month ago,because I couldn't fly down and get it for 3 weeks. But make sure all the details are explained to you....like if you choose not to buy it they may only give you part of the deposit back,etc

Good luck with the PPI. That price and mileage looks good
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Hessian
Intermediate

Default Still looking...

Thanks everyone for the input. The dealer wants a 1k non-refundable deposit. I get the need for a deposit but I think 1k is pretty steep to hold something that you haven't seen.

I'm still looking locally. I did find a Turbo S with 77k for 32,000.00. A little more than I wanted to pay but... 521HP with 530ftlbs of torque... That was more than my SRT8 Challenger had.... Trying to justify the higher miles and price for the extra performance...

Also found a turbo with 82k but has recently had the coolant pipes, driveshaft, and coils replaced.... The mileage on both kind of scares me but, at least with the latter example, most of the big ticket items have been replaced...

At what point/mileage do the turbos usually fail on these?

Quick Reply: 1st post... Help with decision