Sponsored by:

Cargo liner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
dlchasen
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cargo liner

I know there have been threads on this subject in the past, but I have two specific questions for those with actual experience. I'm looking for a liner that's tacky/non-slip (not tacky looking!) and which doesn't give off an odor. I like the smell of my leather interior and would hate to compromise that. It doesn't have to be heavy duty (golf clubs, home improvement stuff, gardening material, Costco boxes, etc.), and I would like a tight fit. I have an espresso interior and, while matching the color would be a plus, I'm OK with black. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:24 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a KMart non slip mat (for under rugs) works great on top of the Porsche POD
Old 03-21-2013, 02:39 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

i have a Weathertech. Comes in black, tan or grey

Another alternative is the reversible trunk mat from Porsche. Does come in expresso

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...ode=958V6INTFL
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Weathertech is very nice. Perfect fit, and has a raised lip that contains any minor spills. Hoses off nicely.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We offer the one shown below. I know a lot people have bought them and really like them, I haven't heard any complaints about odor at all. Maybe a few will chime in that have bought them in the past. For more information Click Here.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:15 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
Weathertech is very nice. Perfect fit, and has a raised lip that contains any minor spills. Hoses off nicely.
+1 for Weathertech. I have their mats in the front floors, the back seat floor, and the cargo area.

I wish I'd fab'd a 'flap' that drops over the painted portion of the rear facia when the gate is open (I believe Porsche may offer a mat that has one). I was removing a heavy box and dragged it over the bumper (ever so lightly), and I ended up with a few minor scratches.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:22 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Originally Posted by NC 997
+1 for Weathertech. I have their mats in the front floors, the back seat floor, and the cargo area.

I wish I'd fab'd a 'flap' that drops over the painted portion of the rear facia when the gate is open (I believe Porsche may offer a mat that has one). I was removing a heavy box and dragged it over the bumper (ever so lightly), and I ended up with a few minor scratches.
The one at the Suncoast link above is what you are looking for. I have it as well. The flap fully covers the bumper when you unfold it.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

I have the weathertech mat and have been very satisfied.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wwilliams88
The one at the Suncoast link above is what you are looking for. I have it as well. The flap fully covers the bumper when you unfold it.
+1 I have the reversible mat from Porsche (Suncoast link: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...DIESELINTCARGO )

It is very secure, perfect fit and has the flap to protect the bumper and loading area. It is expensive but it is also very well made and in a pretty good selection of colors to match interiors.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I went WeatherTech and made a custom logo to replace theirs...

(The mat was recently out of the box, it lies flat now and is a perfect fit).
Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 PM
dlchasen
Track Day

i have a Weathertech. Comes in black, tan or grey

Another alternative is the reversible trunk mat from Porsche. Does come in expresso

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...ode=958V6INTFL
I'm not sure I fully understand the reversible concept. Presumably, you leave the carpet side up for aesthetics when not carrying anything and flip it over when needed. But, who looks at their cargo bay when not carrying anything? And in that case, who cares what it looks like? If it grips well when flipped, that's a plus. I found some non-slip carpet pad which I cut to fit, and I'll see how that works.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by stronbl
+1 I have the reversible mat from Porsche (Suncoast link: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...DIESELINTCARGO )

It is very secure, perfect fit and has the flap to protect the bumper and loading area. It is expensive but it is also very well made and in a pretty good selection of colors to match interiors.
This is the one I have as well. The flap protector is great for when the dog enters and exits, as well as to protect from errant loading of cargo.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by dlchasen
I'm not sure I fully understand the reversible concept. Presumably, you leave the carpet side up for aesthetics when not carrying anything and flip it over when needed. But, who looks at their cargo bay when not carrying anything? And in that case, who cares what it looks like? If it grips well when flipped, that's a plus. I found some non-slip carpet pad which I cut to fit, and I'll see how that works.
I does grip well when flipped carpet side down. On the other hand with the carpet side up stuff that you put back there won't slide around as much as it might on a regular plastic liner. And there's the protective bumper flap which can be used no matter which side is up.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:28 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure I fully understand the reversible concept.
It's symmetrical to the point that it can flipped upside down and still fit. One side is plush carpet (color selection available), the other is black rubber. I have custom fit Lloyd floor mats is dark brown plush. The Espresso cargo mat is almost a perfect color match. Anyway, the rubber side is obviously flipped up when carrying potentially messy cargo. Items are also less likely to slide around than on the carpeted side. In either case, a cargo net is recommended. And finally, the carpet set includes a full width rubber apron that fastens by means of a long Velcro strip. The apron can be flipped or pulled outward as required, thus protecting the painted bumper cover during loading/unloading.

//greg//
Old 03-22-2013, 08:45 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Here is the mat, carpet side up, with the bumper protection in place. It is attached to the mat with Velcro. Both sides of the mat have Velcro strips so either side can be used. The cutouts at the corners also allow access to the cargo tiedown loops in the floor.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cargo liner