Sponsored by:

Cayenne warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:56 AM
mdl04
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne warranty

Im trying to find info on purchasing a warranty through easy care. I spoke with easy care and they do offer warranties for my 04CTT but they cannot tell me where I can purchase one…not kidding. I'm getting no where with them. I've called Porsche of Roslyn "no one offers extended on porsche" and Porsche of Huntington "sure we do"..that was two weeks and 2 calls ago. I'm probably an outlier here so this BS is to be expected..especially on Long Island. Any book makers out there want to lay me some odds lol?
Old 11-07-2013, 11:48 AM
mx22
Burning Brakes

Porsche of Conshohocken, ask for Chris Bell (484-684-1808 - I think this is his direct line there) - I know they sell aftermarket (ie non CPO) warranties as he was offering one to me when I was planning to buy a car there. I think it was Fidelis, but not too sure.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Forget the warranties they are a fraud, put 3500 in a separate savings account and ride it out. it will cost about that for the warranty and for repairs. At least you will save the heart attack when they deny the first claim
Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 AM
mdl04
Advanced

yeah, I know..still wanted to read the fine print and see what I can develop. I'm trying to justify selling my Subaru and going solo with the CTT.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:16 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm with mudman. Every non MFG warranty I've had has been a waste. The fine print for the exclusions is a joke and then they still fight to avoid covering stuff.

The last one I had was on my 98 Jag. The fuel rail failed ($4500 job with parts) just out of the factory coverage. First they refused to cover it because they "don't cover carberators". When we called them on that BS, then it somehow became part of the emissions system which they also didn't cover. I didn't have my car for a month while the dealer fought with them and in the end they never did get paid for the work as far as I know. Then there was the tail light module that they refused to cover as it was a "switch". Thankfully I had a good service advisor that took care of me (for the lights he just swapped the module with one on the lot and then warranties the new car).

Never again will I waste money on a warranty. Either the car is reliable and I'll keep it after the factory warranty, or I'll move on if I think it will be too much. I had the Jag for a bit over 4 years. We've had the 996 for 13...
Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Edward 96 Viper GTS
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you do buy an aftermarket warranty, definitely buy it through your servicing dealer. they sold it to you, so they are obligated to go to bat for you.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:09 PM
mx22
Burning Brakes

+1 on what Edward above said if you end up buying aftermarket warranty.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:59 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

In the case of my Jag that didn't help. The dealer I bought it from called their BS on a 98 car having a carburetor, but they wouldn't fight about the fuel rail being part of the emissions (but then also refused to cover it under Jag's 10yr emissions warranty since it wasn't part of the emissions). I actually had to have it towed to another Jag dealer to get it resolved (without me having to pay anything).

As with anything else, it just depends on how good your dealer is in regards to taking care of you. Keep in mind (just like the factory warranty) they already have their cut of the money you paid for the warranty and they actually get more if you have to pay for the repairs than if the warranty covers it. Good dealers will fight for you like they should, bad ones will make a token effort and then hand you the bill.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
mdl04
Advanced

The dealers here ARE the problem unfortunately. They make so much so fast off all the super rich that they don't even pretend to want your business let alone call you back about cop or warranty.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:12 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 192 Posts

Even if purchased via dealer it doesnt always go your way.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:14 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,142 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by mdl04
yeah, I know..still wanted to read the fine print and see what I can develop. I'm trying to justify selling my Subaru and going solo with the CTT.
That's a very tough justification to make. The reason that they won't sell you a warranty is thing things break a LOT. Not a little. They don't make money that way so they're not interested in your need for some justification.

You likely have a reliable vehicle in the Subey.. the Cayenne is not in the same category (on many ratings for reliability it's pointed out as the worst one out there, unless there are some Land-Rovers in the mix..)

It's an expensive, complex car that cost a lot of money new, and will cost you a lot of money to keep in good shape. Great ride when it's working.. but be prepared to spend some real coin keeping it working, especially if you're not a fairly advanced DIY'er.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:30 AM
mdl04
Advanced

Thanks for the responses. Im well aware of what's involved with the cayenne T it's just that the "**** eating grin" is at times too much to let go
Old 11-11-2013, 10:26 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Aftermarket warranty on a 10 year old car????? I'm with most people here, at that age, save your money and have your repairs done at a good INDY shop.The only reason to go to the dealer is in the warranty period.

Quick Reply: Cayenne warranty