Sponsored by:

Unusual Porsche Cayenne Interior - Do You Like It

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 08:13 PM
CyclingMachine
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unusual Porsche Cayenne Interior - Do You Like It

Came across a porsche cayenne today which looked right for me - Here is the interior.

I like the color but am not so keen on the fact that the leather is "creased" and is not smooth - Were these seats cheaper then the standard ?

Name:  041113157_zpse250d062.jpg
Views: 5297
Size:  84.1 KB
Old 11-08-2013, 08:15 PM
CyclingMachine
4th Gear

Default What Color Is This Called - Is It Metallic?

Is this gun metal color? Is it a popular color

I like it but worry about it when I need to sell !!

What color is it offically called and was this an extra option at the time of manufacture rather then black (or white!)

Name:  041113159_zpsff174965.jpg
Views: 1866
Size:  128.5 KB
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

It's a good color, I wouldn't worry about it or the crinkly leather affecting resale value (unless its really vinyl). I'd question why the steering wheel is black instead of matching the interior color...could it be to replace the airbag that had popped in the original?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol.... it's not an unusual option on 911's. I believe the option is called supple leather
Old 11-08-2013, 09:12 PM
CyclingMachine
4th Gear

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
It's a good color, I wouldn't worry about it or the crinkly leather affecting resale value (unless its really vinyl). I'd question why the steering wheel is black instead of matching the interior color...could it be to replace the airbag that had popped in the original?
I never even spotted that - Would it not have been there from the manufacturer? I must say everythingelse is leather - The dashboard included
Old 11-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Blunterbryn
Advanced

Yeah supple leather option
Every one I've seen looks that way
It's nice but it would drive me insane to look at

I'd question that steering wheel though!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Marko911/955/944
Track Day

Never saw that interior in my search for a 955, interesting. I do agree with the airbag call. The woodgrain kit is aftermarket, and the airbag has been replaced with a used, unmatched unit. Not a big deal, but I would check all the front and rear sheet metal behind the bumpers before I bought the ride. Side damage blows the airbags above the doors, front or rear damage blows the dash bags. Re-dyeing the air bag to match should only cost about $75 at a shop, so the fact that it was not done would concern me. If that small job was blown off, than what else was??? Good luck with your search. I am digging my 04 955S that I just got.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:02 PM
CyclingMachine
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Marko911/955/944
Never saw that interior in my search for a 955, interesting. I do agree with the airbag call. The woodgrain kit is aftermarket, and the airbag has been replaced with a used, unmatched unit. Not a big deal, but I would check all the front and rear sheet metal behind the bumpers before I bought the ride. Side damage blows the airbags above the doors, front or rear damage blows the dash bags. Re-dyeing the air bag to match should only cost about $75 at a shop, so the fact that it was not done would concern me. If that small job was blown off, than what else was??? Good luck with your search. I am digging my 04 955S that I just got.
This is for a cayenne not a 955 - I am quite sure the woodgrain is manufacturer standard and not aftermarket (at least in the UK)!!!

The car had one previous owner and i doubt very much that there was an accident which caused it to be replaced - You dont think porsche would have fitted black if the customer had asked?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:26 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CyclingMachine
I never even spotted that - Would it not have been there from the manufacturer? I must say everythingelse is leather - The dashboard included
I'm not an expert, but the trim and hub of every wood steering wheel I've seen in a 955 matched the dash covering. Unless someone confirms otherwise, I'd be suspect about why the wheel was changed; a deployed airbag comes to mind first.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:24 AM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Came across a porsche cayenne today which looked right for me - Here is the interior.

I like the color but am not so keen on the fact that the leather is "creased" and is not smooth - Were these seats cheaper then the standard ?
Soft ruffled leather on front and outer rear seat centres was an additional cost option, I've had it on both of my CTTs and like it a lot. It ages very well.

Wood trim looks completely normal to me but I would put money on that steering wheel being out of another vehicle; I would definitely be asking questions about it.

This is for a cayenne not a 955
955 is 2002-2006 Cayenne, 957 is 2008 - 2010 (possibly 2007 in UK) Cayenne.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:53 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is for a cayenne not a 955 -
955 = 1st gen cayenne.

I agree with everyone interior looks standard but the steering wheel looks out of place. The ruffled leather is a extra cost option so dont be afraid of it. I have that style in full leather package in dark green and it looks great to me.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:28 AM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Is it the angle or does the steering wheel wood look a slightly different shade than the other wood trim. Also shouldnt the gear shifter be also standard wood with the wood trim?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:06 AM
JAGMAN1
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I too have this style leather and will second the point that it ages well. It's aging better than any other car I've ever had or seen. Mine is dark green too. Sounds terrifying, looks amazing.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 788 Posts

That looks like the OEM wood package to me too. I agree with the comments about the steering wheel being changed. I'm not sure why somebody would do this, but that black wheel looks out of place.

I have the supple leather option on my Cayenne. It was an optional upgrade to the standard leather. It's a thicker, higher grade leather and it wears very well. It's a nice option.

The only "unusual" things about the pictured Cayenne's interior are the black steering wheel and the fact that it's on the wrong side of the car! Everything else looks like a typical interior with a few upgrades.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
That looks like the OEM wood package to me too. I agree with the comments about the steering wheel being changed. I'm not sure why somebody would do this, but that black wheel looks out of place.

I have the supple leather option on my Cayenne. It was an optional upgrade to the standard leather. It's a thicker, higher grade leather and it wears very well. It's a nice option.

The only "unusual" things about the pictured Cayenne's interior are the black steering wheel and the fact that it's on the wrong side of the car! Everything else looks like a typical interior with a few upgrades.
lol dammit my steering is on the wrong side too.......no one pointed out so im stuck with a mirror image of a US spec car

Quick Reply: Unusual Porsche Cayenne Interior - Do You Like It