Sponsored by:

2014 GTS has arrived

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 PM
modifier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 GTS has arrived

Picked up my GTS on Friday. It's beautiful and everyone at the dealership was impressed with my option choices.

I ordered mahogany metallic with an umber and cream interior with quite a bit of extra carbon on all the wear points and on the doors and console and extra leather.

It's a complicated electronic device but I think I have it just about figured out now.

I just couldn't resist the light interior but it is going to be an issue I'm sure.

I elected for the 5 year package that includes coatings inside and out plus an annual detailing and replacement on lots of stuff if it gets damaged, like bent or curbed wheels, door dings etc. So that will help a bit. I'll probably get a clear bra applied on the front and mirrors.

It was raining when I picked it up and after the first 2 hours of in and out of the car the foot rest was already getting dirty, plus there are a few other points like below and to the right of the accelerator that had a few scuffs from my boots. I also noticed today that my vented leather drivers seat is already showing a little blue on the bolster from my jeans, which are only medium dark. Just from yesterday pretty much and maybe 90 miles on the odometer. I have a cover to put on over the drivers seat if I'm really dirty but I'm not going to want to run the nylon trash bag very much. Maybe after mountain biking or working outside or in it shop.

I got the Porsche rubber floor mats and they are pretty good but they don't cover very much. Does anyone make guards to cover the key areas I'm talking about? If not I guess I'll have to go to the rubber supply store and get some sort of matting that I can cut to fit and hopefully glue some industrial Velcro hook side to the backs and that will grab the carpeting so they stay in place.

I work on stuff all the time and am often dirty plus the floor in my buildings and shop are not clean at all. I can manage it somewhat but I can't become a middle age soccer mom who is spin 'n span clean all the time. I do work and live hard.

I ordered every speed option that was available and it is fast, handles and sounds great. It sounds about like the turbos with aftermarket exhaust.

Some key options that I think are cool are the double pane windows, heated steering wheel, heated windshield, heated and vented 18 way leather seats, rear side window shades and all the black external plastic has been painted gloss black. 21" wheels look right too. Tow package should come in handy too.

I couldn't really be happier, unless they included that great tool kit I saw pictured somewhere, that I can't find at the moment, with all kinds of neat stuff in it. Maybe it was on the DVD. Oh well.

Last edited by modifier; 12-15-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:35 PM
kmagnuss
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

pics please
Old 12-15-2013, 07:51 PM
modifier
Instructor

I'll get to it.

Has anyone tried these? Except for the area below the accelerator that could allow for snow melt to drip under they look pretty complete.

http://www.audeltech.com/porsche-floor-mats.html
Old 12-15-2013, 07:52 PM
modifier
Instructor

http://www.audeltech.com/media/catal...ats_g1_148.jpg
Old 12-16-2013, 09:54 PM
wds928
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just ordered and received front and rear floor mats from Weather Tech. They fit perfectly and look great. Also got the rear cargo liner.

http://www.weathertech.com/product-e...er-digitalfit/
Old 12-17-2013, 04:13 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Sounds like a great Cayenne modifier!

Looking forward to the pics too!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats, sounds great! Now let's see some pics before it's destroyed inside lol.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:48 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations modifier
Old 12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

Another vote for Weathertech

Check the spare tire area to see if the toolkit is there.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

With the double pane glass, does it shield the radar detector?
Old 12-17-2013, 04:32 PM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wds928
I just ordered and received front and rear floor mats from Weather Tech. They fit perfectly and look great. Also got the rear cargo liner.

http://www.weathertech.com/product-e...er-digitalfit/
How slick are those mats? They look a bit like hard plastic which could be a bit slick. I'm a little concerned about traction with getting in and out, especially with the kids and significant other.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:24 PM
blackland
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

Nice ride!

We bought the wheel warranty based on the dealer telling us it covered any damage. My wife hits a lot of curbs, the warranty company (Zurich) denied the claim because they say it only covers rim damage if the tire is destroyed. I hope your warranty is better than the we we bought.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
alvam63
8th Gear

My understanding is that the wheel warranty does NOT cover road rash caused by the drive such as what you describe but really just covers bent rims or damage due to potholes etc..
Old 12-18-2013, 09:19 AM
wds928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Catamount, the Weather Tech mat have a textured finish, which is not terribly slick. Have had a set in our '05 Trail Blazer for years and have had no issues with slipping feet.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:17 PM
blackland
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by alvam63
My understanding is that the wheel warranty does NOT cover road rash caused by the drive such as what you describe but really just covers bent rims or damage due to potholes etc..
Yes, this is the reality of it.

Quick Reply: 2014 GTS has arrived