Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattling noise from folding sideview mirrors switch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM
mx22
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise from folding sideview mirrors switch?

Hi guys,

I've got this really annoying rattling noise that seems to be coming from somewhere behind the switch that folds sideview mirrors. Has anyone had this problem before? Switch works fine, but it seems like every uneven surface on the road causes something small to rattle there. Anyone took it apart - how easy is it?

Thank You!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:34 PM
GDA
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

FWIW and just sharing in case this might help.

About 4 or 5 months ago my driver's side window started making a similar noise. Fast forward another month or so and at certain speeds on the freeway, the drivers mirror would start to move slightly (like a 1/4 inch back and forth).

Anyway, long story short, the mirror lens was pulling away from the housing that snaps into the mirror/motor housing. I ended up having to order a whole new lens and no more noise or vibes.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had this problem since new; especially during warm days and exposure to the sun. Countless dealer attempts to fix it by applying felt tape and dum dum putty to the inner side of the mirror switch casing were fruitless. The noise usually subsides during winter months however, will return once warm air from the defroster vents blow directly on it.

This plastic part definitely expands when heated and causes the noise.

Quick Reply: Rattling noise from folding sideview mirrors switch?