Sponsored by:

What do you know about early Cayennes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by jorj7
I got a notice to participate in the suit. Had to file by Dec 13th 2013, of course mail didn't arrive until Dec 14th...

And I have already replaced the cooling pipes and coil/plugs. But I will say it's very good at towing at car on a trailer.

--
George
I think you may want to re-read the letter you received. The suit isn't even settled yet - it's going before a judge on March 10th. The date December 12, 2013 is a date used to qualify the vehicle for collecting money in the ClassAction. It has nothing to do with a filing date. You don't have to submit ANYTHING by that date. If you want to collect - you must submit the documentation they outline before December 12th 2014.

Or not, it's no skin off my nose if you misread it, but I think putting the wrong info out on the web isn't doing other people who may qualify for collecting under the ClassAction any benefit.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 years plus since my first P!G (Beta) --- I literally spewed my coffee on the monitor this a.m. when I saw the thread subject! But didn't have time to respond then.

What does an Alpha or Beta owner know about the "EARLY" P!gs? In the forum's early days, LTC might have banned someone for life for merely asking the question --- but now, it is "a happier time".

Shawn, the virtues and vexes are well documented. Ownership has its own rewards -- humor (see ltc threads on flashlight therapy), high repair costs ('tis only a flesh wound') and close personal relationships with the local maintenance dept. (Umm, Sir, we've never seen this problem before...).

But the grandest privilege of them all is to become one with the force... the force that draws you into the Cayenne FORUM black hole. Once you enter here, you never ESCAPE. Former owners, Tourag (Cayenne wannabees) Trolls, and Virgins who never owned one but love the humor.

Cayenne Forum, it is.
The P!G Force is powerful, it is.
He who shall not be named is nuts, he is.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 794 Likes on 446 Posts

Yeah, this thread got weird...

It was originally posted over in the 928 forum because I knew that there were several Shark guys who also owned P!gs, and I know that 928 owners are hands-on, knowledgeable, helpful, and active.

Somewhere along the line, the thread got moved to the Cayenne forum and the focus of the thread changed to early P!g ownership issues.

Being a (poor) P-Car guy carries an expectation that you do your own wrenching whenever possible. Basically, I was looking for help troubleshooting a problem before I had the truck towed to my indy (which I did last night).

I've been a proud P!g owner for years, and I've got the P!gpen t-shirt to prove it!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:28 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
Yeah, this thread got weird...... ....I've been a proud P!g owner for years, and I've got the P!gpen t-shirt to prove it!
Shawn -- you have only tipped the iceberg on this forum or a thread by saying it got "weird". I may just post the links to the insanely hilarious old threads -- poetry, battles of wits, fist fights via forum posts, etc. etc. some funny good reads.

never mind the really "weird" moderator and his elixir of purplesaurus rex at the forum bar......

moderator injection arriving shortly!

p.s. and there still isn't a STFF icon (search the f -forum) that I requested 7-8 years ago.

Quick Reply: What do you know about early Cayennes?