Sponsored by:

Misfiring after plug and coil change

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 07:20 PM
BobbySpeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfiring after plug and coil change

Changed all 6 plugs and coils and it is much better, but the CELis still on and there is some sputtering.
Before the noticable need for coils there was no sputtering.
On the last coil, which didn't want to cone out, the metal was white, not shiny & silvery, and it left the cylindrical wall the spark plug goes in dis colored, compared to the others. Could that discoloration be the cause?
The plugs supposedly come pre-gapped so I didn't alter it, and the plugs were carefully cloud down the tubes, not dropped, using a magnet. I felt the coils seat it's rubber boot on the plug so they went on all the way.
How bad would it be to drive about 100 miles with the sputter for a few days if I can't solve this problem today? I don't have s second car right now and I don't have a Durametric to diagnose the car, and there is no auto zone around here.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Are you using coolant ?
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 PM
BobbySpeed
Instructor

While deciding what to do about the sputtering, I decided to install my battery. They sent me the wrong one. I found out by stripping my driver 's seat of trim and unbolting the seat and tipping it back. I had no idea the battery was that big, otherwise I wouldn't have filled it with acid and charged it.

Coolant is fine.

Quick Reply: Misfiring after plug and coil change