Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Hybrid SUCKS! DO NOT BUY IT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:27 AM
hotcello
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne Hybrid SUCKS! DO NOT BUY IT!

Dear All,

I have recently purchased a 2012 Cayenne Hybrid. The car has a sticker price of over $96,000.00 and There is nothing but problems after problems.

1- The transmission has serious issues when driving on 5th gear and 8th gear, when the RPM hits around 1800 the car started to have this low pulsing drone noise. This usually happen around 35-40 MPH and between 70-80mph.

2- when the car warmed up in city driving, you can actually feel like someone bumped you from behind when the car shifts from 3rd gear down to 2nd gear when approaching a stop sign.

I have reported this problem to my dealer Porsche of Fairfield and they have no idea on how to fix this problem other than changing a TCU. After the TCU was replaced it was still doing the same thing.

They reported the problem to PNA district service technician name RON HERRICK and Ron said everything is normal just like other cars, it suppose to make that droning noise.

ARE YOUR F*&king KIDDING ME? I ask them to put it down in writing and so far they have not show me anything yet.

3- On one of the coldest night here in New York, my wife and I went out to a restaurant and as I roll down the window to check my parking, the window gear motor and the actuator broke. We had to cancel dinner and go home while the next day at 18 degree weather I had to drive 65 miles to go back to Porsche of Fairfield with my window down.

There are a only a few things in my life that I regret, buying a Porsche Cayenne Hybrid is definitely on the top of that list.

Please tell your friends, DO NOT BUY A CAYENNE HYBRID and DON'T GET YOUR CAR SERVICE AT PORSCHE OF FAIRFIELD! you don't want to make the same mistake I did.

I have purchased www.cayennehybridsucks.com and will be posting video of this piece of crap soon.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for reading.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:22 AM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Should of joined Rennlist earlier........could have saved you the pain.

BTW, is it possible for the coolant tubes and battery to explode @ once?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM
hotcello
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cordsig79
Should of joined Rennlist earlier........could have saved you the pain.

BTW, is it possible for the coolant tubes and battery to explode @ once?
Thanks, I wish I knew about this earlier.

Not sure about the Coolant tubes and the battery exploding since I just got the car 3 months ago in the dead winter. Will find out this summer for sure!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:22 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

document document document.......then return.

Get a petrol or diesel or trade it in asap.

All I saw were Hybrid errors on these.......all jokes aside........sorry.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:21 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 306 Posts

I don't see how/why these transmission and window failures are specific to the S Hybrid. These components are common with the S and 6, GTS and Turbos. Im not saying you don't have problems, but am saying your problems probably have nothing to do with the Hybrid S model itself.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:30 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is Porsches worst product. I cant speak to the quality but the handling was terrible. They need to go back to the drawing board.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:59 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

the droning in gears and actual drive line failures in compatibility are common errors only on Hybrids.

The multitude of other P!G problems really puts this into a new level of frustration. (own domain level.)
Old 07-02-2014, 12:16 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Your description of the transmission shift 'bumps' is spot on. I have the same issue with the transmission in my Cayenne Turbo. I'm so turned off by the tiptronic that I'm candidly considering dumping the car and swapping to something different.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:29 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by nycebo
Your description of the transmission shift 'bumps' is spot on. I have the same issue with the transmission in my Cayenne Turbo. I'm so turned off by the tiptronic that I'm candidly considering dumping the car and swapping to something different.
Ummm... no problems whatsoever with the tip on my CTT. Was yours driven hard and put away wet before your purchase? If you purchased it new, then that is a different story.

Cheers,
TomF

Quick Reply: Cayenne Hybrid SUCKS! DO NOT BUY IT!