Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Forum and to Porsche: 957 TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Atlantan
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you all, I will keep an eye out for the coolant leak. I like the black interior, previous owner took good care of it. The CF accents and alcantara headliner are nice.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:37 PM
leek
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride. I am just at 120K miles and still driving strong. Only exceptional parts replaced are coolant manifold (around 80K), alternator, cardan shaft and starter motor at 108K. The last three items I had done to avoid failure, they were not totally consumed but I plan to drive to at least 150K and did not want to be stranded anywhere. I purchased new and have been very pleased. Probably will replace it with another but not sure I need 500 hp, but when you want it it is great.
I have averaged 15 mpg over the life of the car. Brakes every 30K or so. Tires every 25-30K. Very good tow vehicle, 6500 lb boat over mountain passes many times.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:13 AM
Atlantan
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leek
Nice ride. I am just at 120K miles and still driving strong. Only exceptional parts replaced are coolant manifold (around 80K), alternator, cardan shaft and starter motor at 108K. The last three items I had done to avoid failure, they were not totally consumed but I plan to drive to at least 150K and did not want to be stranded anywhere. I purchased new and have been very pleased. Probably will replace it with another but not sure I need 500 hp, but when you want it it is great.
I have averaged 15 mpg over the life of the car. Brakes every 30K or so. Tires every 25-30K. Very good tow vehicle, 6500 lb boat over mountain passes many times.
Thanks. 120K miles, that's great to hear. In the first week of ownership I experienced a leak, water pump was replaced and they replaced the thermostat. Paid by aftermarket warranty. Cardan shaft was done last year by pervious owner, full brake job done in April and tires are about 6 months old. so I should be set for a while. Love it so far.

Quick Reply: New to the Forum and to Porsche: 957 TT