Sponsored by:

please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 02:58 PM
ronaldsaner
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking please help

hello everybody im new here, so im sorry if i place the add in wrong section but i need all of you cayenne fans help here, i was a cayenne true fan for ages since i see it first time on the streets, since then it took my a while to get one but there you go im here with cayenne S 4.5 2003 in my back yard, first have to say was bit of disappointment to find soon once i bought it what engine temp is rising up when idle, looks like fan to my so far and i still have to get this done, just very busy with work at the moment, another MAJOR issue for my is what i cant find a sticker of gross axle weight and such on my cayenne and i need it to pass the test, i told might by its door was changed at some point due to damage or what ever in early years since im not the first owner of it, but there you go i just looked at another cayenne same year today and still cant find the sticker, was looking all around the doors and in the boot with a flashlight and i just cant find it, please advice if anyone know where its located couse im out of test and i need it done soon, thanks in advance
Old 02-24-2016, 04:15 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It should be on the driver's door jamb.
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2016, 04:23 PM
ronaldsaner
6th Gear

no its not there, and its not present on 2 cayennes i have checked.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:28 PM
Porsche_Turbo
Advanced

Temperature needle fluctuation may be "ok". Just let it idle and made sure it never gets 1/4 past the middle. After the fan(s) kick in, it should bring the temps back down. Also confirm no loss in coolant.

Probably just want to give Porsche dealer a call for the sticker location.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:54 PM
ronaldsaner
6th Gear

yea thats what im planing to do tomorrow, if we talk about temp it goes up around 95 which i think is way of the limit, i just tried that once but wont do it again, fan wasnt spining except for A/C fan which i turned up high to get temp down
Old 02-24-2016, 04:57 PM
ronaldsaner
6th Gear

and no coolant piping is replaced with aluminium ones, same as thermostat and water pump brand new too, any more ideas with fan testing, did it have fan thermo swith or its all computer regulated ?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:37 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

errr.. ronald - where are you located? That sticker may be US/Canada specific.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:43 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,044 Likes on 662 Posts

His profile says "IE,... so Ireland?
Old 02-25-2016, 12:50 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by ronaldsaner
hello everybody im new here, so im sorry if i place the add in wrong section but i need all of you cayenne fans help here, i was a cayenne true fan for ages since i see it first time on the streets, since then it took my a while to get one but there you go im here with cayenne S 4.5 2003 in my back yard, first have to say was bit of disappointment to find soon once i bought it what engine temp is rising up when idle, looks like fan to my so far and i still have to get this done, just very busy with work at the moment, another MAJOR issue for my is what i cant find a sticker of gross axle weight and such on my cayenne and i need it to pass the test, i told might by its door was changed at some point due to damage or what ever in early years since im not the first owner of it, but there you go i just looked at another cayenne same year today and still cant find the sticker, was looking all around the doors and in the boot with a flashlight and i just cant find it, please advice if anyone know where its located couse im out of test and i need it done soon, thanks in advance
Holy run-on sentence Batman.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:03 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
His profile says "IE,... so Ireland?
Chances are excellent that he won't find the US required sticker then.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:51 AM
ronaldsaner
6th Gear

yes im in ireland ,i was thinking about other countries regulations too, but if im right those stickers must by attached once impprted from another country if it ever was done so, im try to ring porsche today and see what they gone tell me .
Old 02-25-2016, 09:00 AM
snzuloz
Instructor

sticker will be in the trunk area, around the spare tire, a complete list of option codes on it.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:00 PM
ronaldsaner
6th Gear

no its not there either, guess i had realised to look there too its only sticker with info which is not related to the gross or axle weight anyhow
and by the way porsche garage was not much use either, couse all they told my is to check door here, door there i was expecting way more than that
Old 02-26-2016, 01:33 PM
AGARubberDuck
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Is it different that any other 955 S? Does an inspection procedure require some official to put eyes-on? Perhaps another forum member with a 955 S can post up the info?

Quick Reply: please help