Sponsored by:

2013 Cayenne GTS Leather Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 02:49 PM
William Dulaney
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Cayenne GTS Leather Question

I recently took in my 2013 GTS for the center console armrest to be fixed because it wouldn't stay closed.

When I received the car back and get home, I notice that the armrest material is not smooth like the original material (black interior, no alcantara option). It also doesn't seem to match visually as well as it did before.

I checked the dealer paperwork and see that the new material is leatherette and not leather as I expected... I assume that the replacement should have been leather for my car? Anyone know definitively before I call them back on Monday?

TIA!

Last edited by William Dulaney; 12-03-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 12-03-2016, 04:57 PM
J_D
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't help you there, my GTS has the alcantara.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:00 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

take a look at this link for Suncoastparts. Console lid is available in Textured Leatherette for $495 or Smooth Leather for $1,195.

Sounds like they didn't replace what your car was specified with. I hope it is a warranty item at that price difference!
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU958CCL.html
Old 12-04-2016, 11:30 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,756 Likes on 1,649 Posts

They did you dirty!
Old 12-04-2016, 12:28 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
take a look at this link for Suncoastparts. Console lid is available in Textured Leatherette for $495 or Smooth Leather for $1,195.

Sounds like they didn't replace what your car was specified with. I hope it is a warranty item at that price difference!
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU958CCL.html
What was said above is exactly correct. The smooth leather which is standard in the Turbo and optional in the other models is real leather, and considerably more expensive (especially buying it piece by piece from parts dept.).

If yours had the full leather option interior, I'd take it back to the dealer and make you get the proper part for your particular GTS. I'm surprised an authorized dealer would make that mistake.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:03 PM
William Dulaney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
What was said above is exactly correct. The smooth leather which is standard in the Turbo and optional in the other models is real leather, and considerably more expensive (especially buying it piece by piece from parts dept.).

If yours had the full leather option interior, I'd take it back to the dealer and make you get the proper part for your particular GTS. I'm surprised an authorized dealer would make that mistake.
I agree with you on the dealer not knowing, but is also coming from a dealer that "doesn't fix rattles."

My trust level isn't very high with them.

The standard material for this armrest is alcantara/suede. It makes sense to me that the non alcantara option would be leather and not leatherette, but I still can't find anything definitive. Wish I would have looked at my old part number now.

Honestly I didn't expect the cover to be replaced, only the mechanical mechanism/parts underneath.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the dealer can look up the original build sheet of the vehicle which will show which options, including leather, alcantara, or leatherette. There's no reason for anyone to be guessing.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:08 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm assuming they took your old one and sent it back to the motherland?
Any chance it is still at your dealership. The boat may not have sailed yet?
Old 12-10-2016, 06:47 PM
William Dulaney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hammer911
the dealer can look up the original build sheet of the vehicle which will show which options, including leather, alcantara, or leatherette. There's no reason for anyone to be guessing.
I have no good response to your point other than I agree this shouldn't be complicated in any way. I also have the build sheet that lists options. The only response from the dealership is that they installed the correct part. I don't think they are right and the problem seems to be coming from the parts guy. At this point I guess I'll contact PCNA.

According to product brochures for the 2013 GTS, the standard interior finishes are leather (same as the turbo standard interior) or the GTS "special" interior.

Does the turbo come with a leather armrest as standard as CarGuyNVA said? If "yes" then I was given the wrong part according to sales literature.

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
I'm assuming they took your old one and sent it back to the motherland?
Any chance it is still at your dealership. The boat may not have sailed yet?
They actually said that it has been thrown away... If so that was a waste of a $1k armrest cover that was in good condition. Only the latch was broken and can be replaced separately according to the diagram.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:16 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by William Dulaney
Does the turbo come with a leather armrest as standard as CarGuyNVA said? If "yes" then I was given the wrong part according to sales literature.
Yes, the Turbo model comes with full 'smooth' leather interior as standard equipment, not the 'textured' leatherette. The center console armrest/lid is the smooth real leather.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne GTS Leather Question