Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 08:00 AM
MarkGolf
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Ahh, this is on my apple devices, assuming it's no good on those?

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2020, 08:13 AM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkGolf
Ahh, this is on my apple devices, assuming it's no good on those?

Thanks!
Works fine on my iPhone.
Still there on the Apple App Store
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/ezdiag/id1038281404

You've got to remember that the Icarscan is made by Launch, who are one if the biggest car diagnostics companies in the business. There is nothing dodgy at all about it.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:34 AM
lelandr
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've also been messing with trying to get this to work on a new Galaxy TabA (basically bought a cheap tablet from Costco for this) to no avail. The answer I get from obd2tools is that I'm using Android V9 which isn't supported, yet they keep sending me new apk files which still don't work. The app will never let me log in. This goes back to China not too far down the road if it refuses to work...Looks good in principle, but not in execution. I was hoping that this would work as I could use it on my other cars as well.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:59 AM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Can’t help with Android. But works great with iPhone. Have loved the icarscan. Use it on multiple car brands also.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:02 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by lelandr
I've also been messing with trying to get this to work on a new Galaxy TabA (basically bought a cheap tablet from Costco for this) to no avail. The answer I get from obd2tools is that I'm using Android V9 which isn't supported, yet they keep sending me new apk files which still don't work. The app will never let me log in. This goes back to China not too far down the road if it refuses to work...Looks good in principle, but not in execution. I was hoping that this would work as I could use it on my other cars as well.
Sorry to hear it's not working for you. Weird that they blame the Android version. I've successfully used it with my phone on Android 9 and 10.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:48 AM
lelandr
Track Day

I got a more condemning answer today. They tell me that it can only work with a smartphone, not a tablet (I thought that I saw people here using tablets). If they stick to this, they are going to enjoy the return of their product. That sucks because I really wanted this to work.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:54 AM
lelandr
Track Day

Originally Posted by Kirill
Yea, but app wants to make permissions to make phone calls, probably google kicked them out for a reason. I am going to load it on my old phone.
Hi, did you have any luck getting it to load & work on an old phone? Is this a provisioned phone, or one without a SIM?
Old 04-02-2020, 12:09 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by lelandr
I got a more condemning answer today. They tell me that it can only work with a smartphone, not a tablet (I thought that I saw people here using tablets). If they stick to this, they are going to enjoy the return of their product. That sucks because I really wanted this to work.
Yeah - one of those reporting it was me. It worked fine with an old Verizon 7" tablet (from about 8-9 years ago..) I haven't tried it in a few years - just use my phone - but if I get ambitious I might consider digging the tablet out and see if the battery will take a charge.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:28 AM
lelandr
Track Day

Thanks deilenberger. I tried it today on an unprovisioned cell phone. Unsurprisingly, it did not work. obd2tools informs me that it has to be a fully provisioned cell.

Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure my employer (and we've been brutalized by Chinese IP theft) wouldn't be really pleased if I put this on my company-paid phone.

It's a pity, I bought a tablet, loaded all of the pdfs of the factory service and electrical troubleshooting manuals for my E30 M3 and bought an oil-resistant enclosure for it. I was hoping that the addition of this app could make this tablet 1-stop shopping for my garage.

I even directly asked what the difference between a wifi-connected android tablet and a smart phone would be, and they directly answered that they needed access to the SIM card, which sounds REALLY fishy to me.

It's really going to kill me to drop $2100 on the Bosch ADS325, but at least it will cover all of my vehicles and allow me to help out others too.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:58 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Just as an aside - there is a new model available - less $$, but only one vehicle brand included when buying it. Others are available for $$.

http://www.x431tool.com/wholesale/th...ol.html?f=mta8

Old 04-03-2020, 01:49 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

LD
You can use without provision
I was able to on a spare phone, using the old app
Old 06-27-2020, 06:48 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Update for the Android users: As previously mentioned, EZDiag, the app for ICarScan is not currently listed on the Google Play store if you are using Android 10. I tried downloading the APK from other websites, and while I could find and install the app, it would not recognize/reset my password. No worky.

I did some more searching and found the following website: http://icarscan.blogspot.com/?m=1

On that page is a download link for EZDiag that works with Android 10. Link here: http://forobd2tool.com/wp-content/do...se20200326.zip

I was able to successfully download, install, and activate this version of the app on my Android 10 phone.

Hope that helps someone.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:11 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Brainz
I was able to successfully download, install, and activate this version of the app on my Android 10 phone.
Hope that helps someone.
Brainz - what version of the app is it? Also - how did you go about installing it?
Old 06-28-2020, 09:37 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

The EZDiag version is 6.4.4.5 - - funny enough, however, I found other websites that claimed to have the APK for 6.4.4.5 but they did not work on my phone for some reason.

I clicked on the link above which downloaded the file onto my phone and I opened it with ES File Explorer or one of the other Android file manager apps. The system asks if you want to install the APK from an unknown source. The ability to install from unknown sources is usually turned off when you get a new device, but I've always found a reason to enable it for situations like this.

Working great.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:03 PM
JoshPA2013turbo
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of great info here! Sorry if i missed my answer, but can anyone confirm if this is the same (essentially) as the tools used above, and will allow me to “lie” to the ride height calibration to lower my cayenne slightly?

icarscan 2020 Launch Full System OBD2 Diagnostic Tool for Android/iOS with 7 Free Software Powerful Than X431 Easydiag 3.0
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: ICarScan X431 Tool Available again.