Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenen Turbo reliability at 200k+ (and how CPO covers it)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 12:32 PM
John Clabby
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Cayenen Turbo reliability at 200k+ (and how CPO covers it)

Hi all, I'm in the market for a 958 Cayenne turbo and very close to pulling the trigger. I drive a LOT for work and for pleasure, I'm looking to consolidate my M3 and Yukon XL into one capable, fun, and comfy vehicle. The 2yr unlimited mileage CPO is really selling me on the idea. The vehicle I'm looking at is a 2011 with only 60k on it, but with my driving I'll be in the 200-250k area by the time the warranty expires.

Has anyone really gotten these up to that mileage, and is there any serious stuff that goes wrong? I am aware of the cam bolts & transfer case issues, but the former has already been addressed on this '11 and the other would be warrantied so I'm not too worried. I'm specifically curious about any high mileage issues as my searches haven't turned up much related info - can I expect new turbos, or even a new engine or transmission being necessary by then? Outside of the routine scheduled maintenance, what can I really expect to have to fix on my own throughout nearly 200k miles of driving?

Additionally, does anyone have input on how the CPO warranty covers such things on very high mileage cars? They say they will not cover "Normal wear and tear or deterioration" of parts, which seems to be very vague. I understand I'd be on the hook for oil changes, fluids, filters, spark plugs, belts, and the routine maintenance items. The SA I spoke to regarding coverage did also say old rubber coolant hoses wouldn't be covered, but otherwise it seems like they really are all-inclusive similar to a new car warranty. Maybe I'm just paranoid, I'm just weary of any extended warranty being pitched to me. I've found some posts badmouthing CPO but it seems to be mainly related to modified cars which is not a concern for me, I'm hoping nobody here has any legitimate "gotcha" horror stories of CPO denials.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:13 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Treated correctly many of the pats should last the life of the car. Engine, transmission, motors, starters, alternators and buttons should all be covered under a CPO.

Things like, brakes, belts, tires ad hoses seem more like expandable items the a CPO wouldn't cover on a high mileage car.

Hope this helps. This is just a guess on my part.

What surprises me is that you're going to drive almost 90k per year. How in the world will you have time to work and sleep?
Old 08-10-2018, 12:28 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are miles. Not mine. Lots of very high mileage Turbos out there
Old 08-13-2018, 12:29 AM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole

Is this real? Wow, just wow
Old 08-13-2018, 07:24 AM
cfiiman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole

Yeah but clean the dash once in a while, sheesh

Quick Reply: Cayenen Turbo reliability at 200k+ (and how CPO covers it)