Diesel recent recall/Inspection, post fix

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Danyol
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Diesel recent recall/Inspection, post fix

Guys, I have a 2013 CD post fix.

i went to the dealership just before Christmas to have the rear view mirror replaced. While I was there they performed a recall/inspection (some kind of "data verification"). I asked what it was about the service advisor was not sure.

I maybe imagining it but the car feels different after the inspection, I think it Is shifting and acting differently. Has anybody else had a similar experience, or able to shed any light on what the inspection was? I was in a rush to pick up the car last time, I may go back and dig further With the service department.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:50 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're probably talking about service action WJ59. There is no actual work on the vehicle performed for this. All the the WJ59 is ensuring the dealers have the correct documentation of the fix. To understand why there is a need for this, the dealer that performed the AG01 was required to take various pictures of the numerous steps of the repair as well as pictures of the new emissions control info and proof of completion sticker that were affixed to the hood. These pictures were required so that they could be submitted as part of the proof the fix was done to the federal government. The first batch of instructions supplied to the dealers for the AG01 were poorly written in regard to exactly what was needed to be done for the supporting documentation. So A LOT cars pictures were found to not satisfy the requirements. They have clarified the instructions so new pictures are to be taken and submitted. That's all it is.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:13 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 100 Posts

Are the dealers also doing this for diesels that have not had the 'fix' ?
We have not gotten it and do not intend to get the 'fix'
Our biggest fear for going to the dealer is having updated software installed whether intentional or not.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:25 AM
Danyol
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Ptec, thinking of other factors my car must run better in lower ambient temperatures. I'm in Phoenix, temps dropped quite a bit from before Christmas. I've also been doing a lot of driving in the mountains, even colder temps.

Last edited by Danyol; 01-14-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:03 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

I had my post-fix 2016 CD in a few weeks ago to replace the adblue sprayer which threw an adblue warning and started the countdown to no-start. When I picked it up some features in the PCM were changed. Compass was not displaying in top section of MFD like I had set it and some others too. I still think they flashed something but they say they didn't and nothing shows on work order. Don't notice and difference in driveability.

Quick Reply: Diesel recent recall/Inspection, post fix