Power window switch on driver's side

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 01:42 PM
auzivision
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Trying out this one

Amazon Amazon

found one on Amazon for less that $20 with LCA. A few years ago, I bought one not knowing about losings LCA. I'm so looking forward to gaining back LCA.

I'll report back how this works out. Worst case, I'll pull out the OEM switch from my used parts bin (fingers crossed I didn't toss), and swap out the broken buttons.

Rennlist Rocks!
Old 11-01-2023, 01:50 PM
AnAlbumCover
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 101 Posts

i used an amazon one and its been perfect for 3+ years now.
Old 02-01-2024, 01:37 AM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Has anyone tried the Vemo brand window switch from FCP Euro? It's $100 versus $270 for OE, and I'm hoping the switches themselves are as accurate as OEM at least.

I originally replaced mine with the $30 eBay/Amazon, and while it's fine for just opening and closing the windows, I discovered a pretty major downfall of it: the two zones between manual and automatic raise and lowering on the eBay one are not really distinguishable. This didn't seem like a problem until I had a rear window randomly need to relearn its parameters (as soon as the window would get closed, it thinks there's a finger pinched and trips the safety and rolls back down) which requires rolling down with the first zone of the switch to the halfway point, and some other pretty finite controls. It was impossible to do with the eBay window switch because even the slightest input triggers the auto lower. Luckily my rear window switch is still OEM so I was able to get it fixed with that switch, but if the driver window decides to randomly do it I would be screwed and unable to get it to relearn the parameters. Just food for thought for those considering the eBay/Amazon option.

Last edited by RhinoComp; 02-01-2024 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:27 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Following up on my previous post, since no one had any feedback on the Vemo brand window switch that FCP Euro sells I decided to give it a shot since I was needing to order maintenance items anyway.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that anyone needing to replace their window switch just buy the Vemo one instead of the Ebay/Amazon options. The Vemo switch is almost identical quality to the OEM one, and the buttons and two-stage window switches feel OEM as well. The chrome trim on the Vemo is actually chrome trim instead of painted silver like on the Ebay one. The buttons on the Ebay option have also always felt like someone spilled soda all over them and they just felt "sticky" to press (not sticky to the touch, but the actually action of pressing them). For 60-70 bucks more than the crap Ebay/Amazon options, just get the Vemo from FCP Euro instead.

Vemo on top, Ebay on bottom

Last edited by RhinoComp; 03-29-2024 at 05:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
fourthirteen (03-31-2024)

Quick Reply: Power window switch on driver's side