Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Running Board Install **Installed with pics**

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Is the bottom face plastic, or exposed aluminum? My 2011 CTT has boards that look like this, but on the underside of the rockers it's all just plastic. My 955 had ones that were all aluminum rock rails and it looks like the pics you posted are more like that style, with some actual rocker panel protection.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

The top is Aluminum and the lower portion is plastic.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:11 AM
porschedad_73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Wasmer
Well if I understand right it it he one that holds the board and the arch together. When things broke free there they were. Now I will tell you I did NOT but them back. All was good with no movement. I removed them with a pick tool.

Honestly a retrofit like this takes a certain amount of what do you put back and what CAN you put back.
LOL. I totally agree with that last statement. I just finished this project last weekend. Definitely a 2 person job during the mounting of the side steps. The hook and metal clip that hold the panel to the arch was a PITA to remove. I ended up breaking the hook and thought I was screwed but it turned out to be a non-issue as there are other assembly points that appear to be sufficiently strong to anchor everything. Figuring out that last screw behind that small piece of plastic by the arch also took some time. It also took some patience to reassemble that black trim back into place as you need to do some aggressive wiggling to push it around the front doors. Took me about 2 hours to do the first side but about 30 minutes on the other side once you figure out how everything is put together. Fun little weekend project and looks really nice and subtle
Old 04-23-2019, 09:18 AM
Slickdvl
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

Ha, I had to do it twice - first set was warped and dented - so I had to take it all off and do it again. I got the clips on in the front using vice grips I think - it was a pain and it definitely didn’t see right - possibly a bad mold job. The entire assembly I lifted into placing using my jack to bring it up to level. I’m pretty sure I did break a mounting point on the fender arches though.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:43 PM
porschedad_73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Wasmer
Ok got it done. ACTUALLY not ard once I figured it out. Did not need to remove the wheel wheel wells. The thing that thru me was the front panel right behind the front wheel (see picture). THAT is where the last bolt was hiding

PS: 199 off Ebay and perfect fit.
That's a pretty good deal. I originally paid $240 but got lucky and ended up only paying about $100. When I received the product, there was some bad dents on the left side step due to shipping. So I complained to the seller and he sent me another set. When I received the replacements, the right side step now has huge dents. So, I reached back out to the seller complaining about it again. I ended up keeping the right side step from the original shipment and left side step from the replacement so now I have a complete (undamaged) set. Returned the defective parts and the seller gave me a 60% discount for all the trouble. Was frustrating at first but happy with how everything worked out at the end.

Quick Reply: Running Board Install **Installed with pics**