Sponsored By:

Rear Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:49 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 128 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Rear Seats

Anyone had their back seats out? How much of a job?
Old 06-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

I tried, but couldn't get to the front bolts. apparently the bottom cushions should just pop out allowing you to access those bolts, but mine didn't want to give, and I wasn't willing to break or bend anything. The rear bolts are REALLY tight, and had a threadlocker compound on them. You'll be using a 1/2" drive to get the bolts out.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Tom M
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

According to AllDataDIY the bottoms of the seats need to be removed and the retainers for those are one time use and are irreparably damaged during the removal process. Other than that the bolts holding the seats in are torqued to 37 ftlb +- 5.5 ftlb.

If you don't already have an AllDataDIY subscription it's well worth the price if you'll be doing work on the car. Look for discount coupons to lower the cost.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:03 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Thanks. Luckily I'm not doing it, but dealer said they were having trouble getting them out.

Actually I just left there. Took my 18 Turbo in for check engine light over a week ago. Codes were for low fuel pressure on start up and they replaced the high pressure fuel pump. Let it sit overnight and the next morning still had the same codes. Porsche told them to replace fuel pumps in gas tank which required removing rear seats. After getting seats out, replacing fuel pumps, they let it set overnight and this morning it won't start. They said they have had the fuel rail off and checked for obstructions all the way back to the tank and can't find any blockage. They are stumped and waiting on guidance from Porsche on next actions.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:08 PM
NYT
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@RED HORSE I am in the same boat did you find out the cause of ur problem (Not fuel pump or high pressure) i was told it might be relay

Last edited by lml999; 08-30-2022 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 05:15 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

My problem was the low pressure fuel pumps in the gas tank. Dealer replaced them both and fault did not go away. After much investigation they removed one of the fuel pumps and replaced it with the old one. It turns out that one of the new pumps from Porsche was also bad. They replaced the "new" bad pump with a new good pump and things have been good since.

Quick Reply: Rear Seats